Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS)
The Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.5 course shows you how to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco© MDS 9000 Series Switches, to build highly available scalable storage networks. Through expert instruction and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers. This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN), which leads to CCNP Data Center and the Certified Specialist – Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Basic routing and switching knowledge
The following courses may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU)
- Technical decision-makers
- Network architects
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Discover and describe the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors.
- Provisioning Cisco MDS Switches
- Describe key product features of the MDS platform
- Describe and implement automation and Cisco MDS Switches
- Configure and implement the Cisco MDS switches and platform features
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot FC domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades
Describing Cisco MDS Platform
- Cisco MDS 9700/9300/9200/9100 Hardware
- 32-Gb Fibre Channel
- Cisco NX-OS
- Cisco DCNM
- Fibre Channel Architecture
- FCoE Architecture
Provisioning Cisco MDS Switches
- Power-On Auto-Provisioning
- Cisco DCNM
- Using Cisco DCNM 11.x
- RBAC and Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
Building the Fibre Channel Fabric with Cisco MDS Switches
- Virtual SANs
- Port Channels and VSAN Trunking
- Zoning and Smart Zoning
- Device Aliases
- Inter-VSAN Routing
- Fibre Channel Fabric Security
- Building SAN Extensions
- Inter-VSAN Routing
- Slow Drain Analysis
- SAN Analytics and Telemetry Streaming
- Cisco Secure Boot
- NPV and NPIV
Automating Cisco MDS Fabric
- Cisco MDS NX_APIPython API
Monitoring and Reporting Cisco MDS Features
- Cisco DCNM SAN Reports and Alarms
- SAN Analytics and SAN Telemetry Streaming
Troubleshooting Common Cisco MDS Issues
- Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Domains, Zones, and Zone Merges
- Boot and Upgrade Issues