Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) v4.0 provides students with in-depth knowledge of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), the routing protocol that is one of the foundations of the Internet and New World technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
This curriculum covers the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, detailed troubleshooting information, and hands-on exercises that provide learners with the skills that they need to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in customer environments. Different service solutions in the curriculum cover BGP network design issues and usage rules for various BGP features, preparing learners to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble free BGP networks.
Primary target audience:
This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement BGP.
Secondary target audience:
This course is intended for network designers and project managers. The course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for BGP exam.
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in:
After completion of this course, students will be able to…
Full Module and Lesson Details Avaialble in Full Course Outline
Module 1: BGP Overview
Module 2: BGP Transit Autonomous Systems
Module 3: Route Selection Using Policy Controls
Module 4: Route Selection Using Attributes
Module 5: Customer-to-Provider Connectivity with BGP
Module 6: Scaling Service Provider Networks
Module 7: Optimizing BGP Scalability
A year-long neXT membership which includes 365 days of…
- Access to exclusive tech talk webinars covering content not found in the classroom
- Sessions include: Delta & New Featured Topics, Open Q&A Workshops, Exam Prep & Guidance, Lab Demos
- Technical discussion boards to interact with instructors and other members
- Goal-based learning paths built to accomplish a specific end goal
- Learning paths may include videos, blogs, quizzes, exam prep questions, and more
- Get content and recordings from the entire technology stack, not just this class!
Don’t have the time or budget for an instructor-led class?
Interested in one-on-one services with your instructor-led class?
Would you like dedicated training resources for your entire team?