Implementing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCNX)
The Implementing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCNX) v1.0 course gives you a detailed understanding of the Cisco© Nexus switch platform and teaches you how to install, configure, and manage Cisco Nexus© switch platforms in a scalable, highly available environment. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on labs, you will learn how to describe various aspects of the Cisco Nexus product families and platforms, including implementation, management, security, programmability, and storage. Additionally, you will learn how to configure device aliases and zoning, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and N-Port Identifier Virtualization (NPIV), and N-Port Virtualization (NPV) modes.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Students in the Implementing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCNX) v1.0 course should:
- Be familiar with Cisco data center technologies
- Understand networking protocols, routing, and switching
- Data center systems engineers
- Field engineers
- Cisco partners using Cisco Nexus Series switch platforms
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the platforms that make the Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 3000, and 2000 product families
- Describe Cisco Nexus platform implementations
- Explain Cisco Nexus platform management
- Describe Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels
- Configure First Hop Redundancy protocols
- Configure security features of Cisco Nexus devices
- Describe the Cisco Nexus devices routing and forwarding
- Describe Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN)
- Describe Quality of Service (QoS) on Cisco Nexus Devices
- Explain system management and monitoring processes
- Describe Cisco NX-OS programmability
- Describe Cisco Nexus storage services
- Configure device aliases and zoning
- Configure FCoE
- Configure NPIV and NPV modes
- Describing Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- Describing Cisco Nexus Platforms Implementation
- Describing Cisco Nexus Platforms Management
- Describing Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels
- Configuring First Hop Redundancy Protocols
- Configuring Cisco Nexus Security Features
- Describing Cisco NX-OS Routing and Forwarding
- Describing Virtual Extensible LAN
- Describing QoS on Cisco Nexus Devices
- Configuring System Management and Monitoring
- Describing Cisco NX-OS Programmability
- Describing Cisco Nexus Storage Services
- Configuring Fibre Channel Over Ethernet
- Describing Device Aliases and Zoning
- Configuring NPIV and NPV Modes
- Test Cisco Nexus Platforms
- Configure User Management
- Configure vPC
- Configure First Hop Redundancy Protocol (FHRP) Protocols
- Configure Cisco Nexus Security Features
- Configure Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Configure VXLAN
- Configure QoS
- Configure System Management
- Configure Cisco NX-OS On-Box Programmability
- Configure Containers on Cisco NX-OS
- Configure Cisco NX-OS Using Ansible
- Configure Basic Fibre Channel Features
- Configure FCoE
- Configure Fiber Channel Device Aliases and Zoning
- Configure NPV
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.