Introducing Cisco Unified Computing System (DCIUCS)
The Introducing Cisco Unified Computing System (DCIUCS) v1.0 is an introductory course that shows you how to deploy, secure, operate, and maintain the Cisco Unified Computing system (Cisco UCS©) B-Series blade servers, Cisco UCS C-Series and S-Series rack servers, and Cisco HyperFlex product family for use in data centers. You will gain hands-on practice on basic Cisco UCS server configuration, performing backup and restore activities, and more.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- General knowledge of servers
- Routing and switching
- Storage area networking
- Server virtualization
These Cisco courses are recommended to help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA©_)
- Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU) v1.0
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.2
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.2
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX) or Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Server administrators
- Network engineers
- Systems engineers
- Consulting systems engineers
- Technical solutions architects
- Network administrators
- Storage administrators
- Network managers
- Sales engineers
- Cisco integrators and partners
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco UCS server hardware
- Describe Cisco UCS connectivity
- Describe the Cisco HyperFlex Data Platform, its data writing and reading processes, and data optimization
- Describe and configure Cisco UCS service profiles
- Describe and configure Cisco UCS service profile templates
- Describe and implement Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) on Cisco UCS
- Describe and implement Cisco UCS firmware updates
- Describe and implement Cisco UCS backups
Describing Cisco UCS Server Hardware
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Cisco UCS S-Series Rack Servers
- Cisco Virtual Interface Cards
- Hyperconvergence Overview
- Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Servers
Describing Cisco UCS Connectivity
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect
- Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Cisco UCS C-Series Connectivity
- Cisco UCS S-Series Connectivity
- Cisco HyperFlex Connectivity Architecture
- Cisco HyperFlex Edge Connectivity
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect Ethernet End-Host Mode Compared to Switching Mode
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect Uplink Pinning
- Cisco UCS C-Series Integration
Describing the Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
- Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform Software
- Writing Data to Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
- Reading Data from Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
- Data Optimization in Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform
Configuring Cisco UCS Service Profiles
- Portability Issue with Nonabstracted Identities
- Cisco UCS Service Profile
- Identity Pools
- Server Pools
- IP Pools
Configuring Cisco UCS Service Profile Templates
- Service Profile Templates
Implementing iSCSI on Cisco UCS
- iSCSI Addressing
- iSCSI Support in Cisco UCS
Implementing Cisco UCS Firmware Updates
- Update Cisco UCS C-Series Server Firmware
- Download Tasks for the Infrastructure Image
- Download Tasks for Cisco UCS B-Series Firmware Packages
- Best Practices for Updating Firmware in Cisco UCS Manager
- Firmware Upgrades Using Auto Install
- Capability Catalog Updates
- Host Firmware Packages
- Driver Updates for Operating Systems and Hypervisors
Implementing Cisco UCS Backups
- Compare Backup Options in Cisco UCS Manager
- Compare Two Import Types
- Policy Backup
- Explore Cisco UCS Manager GUI
- Configure Server and Uplink Ports
- Configure VLANs
- Configure Basic Identity Pools
- Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Pools
- Configure a Service Profile Template
- Configure an iSCSI Service Profile on Cisco UCS
- Perform Backup and Restore Activities
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.