ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Implementing Cisco Emergency Responder (ICER) is a 2 day course that provides students with best practice information on how to install, configure, operate and maintain Cisco Emergency Responder in a Cisco Unified Communications environment. Focusing on core administrative skills, you will learn to configure Cisco Unified Communications (CUCM) for integration with CER and to configure emergency response locations (ERLs) and emergency location identification numbers (ELINs) in CER to properly route enhanced 911 (E911) calls. You will also examine CER disaster recovery and user management.
*SLI currently utilizes CUCM v11.5
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager configuration and operation is required for this course
- Network Administrators, Network Engineers, and Systems Engineers
- Anyone working towards CCNP Voice Certification
- E911 architecture and terminology
- ICER installation requirements
- How the CER and CUCM systems route E911 calls
- Configure CUCM for integration with CER
- Configure CER for integration with CUCM
- Add and configure ERLs and ELINs
- Configure CER users
- Backup and restore a CER system
- Understanding the Architecture for Emergency Calls
- Introducing Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco ER Deployment Models
- What Happens When an Emergency Call Is Made
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration for Cisco Emergency Responder
- System Interactions During Emergency Calls
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Support Components
- Integration of Cisco Emergency Responder with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Emergency Responder Interfaces
- Cisco Emergency Responder Administration Interfaces
- Initial Configuration of Cisco Emergency Responder
- Initial Cisco ER Configuration
- Creating ERLs
- Working with EnergyWise
- Using Cisco Emergency Responder with Intrado V9-1-1 Services
- Configuring Users and Role-Based System Access
- Using the Cisco ER User Interface
- Working with ALI Records
- Understanding the Disaster Recovery System
- Lab 1: Topology and Deployment
- Lab 2: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration
- Lab 3: Configure IP Phones
- Lab 4: Implement CUCM Configuration for CER Integration
- Lab 5: Integrate CER Configuration for use with Unified Communications Manager
- Lab 6: CER User Administration
- Lab 7: CER Features
- Lab 8: System Backups with the Disaster Recovery System
What's Included With This Class?
This course includes a 365-day membership to our neXT Learning Community! You will join thousands of other neXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Join thousands of other members in our neXT Learning Community for an entire year!
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.