Implementing Cisco Emergency Responder (ICER)
*SLI currently utilizes CUCM v11.5
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager configuration and operation is required for this course
- Network Administrators, Network Engineers, and Systems Engineers
- Anyone working towards CCNP Voice Certification
- E911 architecture and terminology
- ICER installation requirements
- How the CER and CUCM systems route E911 calls
- Configure CUCM for integration with CER
- Configure CER for integration with CUCM
- Add and configure ERLs and ELINs
- Configure CER users
- Backup and restore a CER system
- Understanding the Architecture for Emergency Calls
- Introducing Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco ER Deployment Models
- What Happens When an Emergency Call Is Made
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration for Cisco Emergency Responder
- System Interactions During Emergency Calls
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Support Components
- Integration of Cisco Emergency Responder with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Emergency Responder Interfaces
- Cisco Emergency Responder Administration Interfaces
- Initial Configuration of Cisco Emergency Responder
- Initial Cisco ER Configuration
- Creating ERLs
- Working with EnergyWise
- Using Cisco Emergency Responder with Intrado V9-1-1 Services
- Configuring Users and Role-Based System Access
- Using the Cisco ER User Interface
- Working with ALI Records
- Understanding the Disaster Recovery System
- Lab 1: Connect to and Set Up Remote Lab Environment
- Lab 2: Configure CUCM to Send Emergency Calls to CER
- Lab 3: Configure CER to Accept and Route Emergency Calls
- Lab 4: Verify Outbound and Inbound Emergency Dialing and Alerts
- Lab 5: Using the Cisco ER User Interface
- Lab 6: Working with ALI Records
- Lab 7: Implementing CUCM Emergency Call Handlers
- Lab 8: Performing a Backup of CER
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.