Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU)
The Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU) v1.0 course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to position, plan, implement, operate, and manage a Cisco© wireless LAN (WLAN) network. This course teaches you how to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks on a Cisco WLAN network of any size.
This course does not lead directly to a certification exam, but it does cover foundational knowledge that can help you prepare for professional-level enterprise wireless courses and exams.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
We recommend but do not require that you have the following knowledge and skills before taking this course
- General knowledge of networks
- General knowledge of wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
- Network engineer
- Systems engineer
- Wireless engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Network administrator
- Wireless design engineer
- Network manager
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe and implement foundational wireless theory
- Describe and implement basic wireless security and client access
- Describe and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture
- Configure Cisco centralized wireless networks
- Describe and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Theory
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Math and Antennas
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Operation
- Describing and Implementing Basic Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing 802.1X and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Implementing Wireless Guest Access and Configuring Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Architecture
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Wired Support
- Configuring Cisco Centralized Wireless Networks
- Describing and Implementing WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Explore the Physics of Wi-Fi
- Explore the Wi-Fi Environment
- Analyze Wireless Frames
- Configure Client Access
- Configure the Wired Infrastructure
- Configure a Centralized Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Deployment
- Configure a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Configure an IPv6 Operation in a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Optimize RF Conditions and Performance for Clients
- Perform Centralized Controller Maintenance
- Use Troubleshooting Tools
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.