Understanding Cisco Service Provider Network Foundations (SPFNDU)
The Understanding Cisco Service Provider Network Foundations (SPFNDU) v1.0 course is designed to provide you with the foundational knowledge for the suite of Cisco© CCNP© Service Provider courses. The course expands what you learned from the Cisco CCNA© course with a focus on the theoretical and practical knowledge needed for the Service Provider environment. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on practice, you will learn about architectures, protocols, software and hardware platforms, and solutions within the Service Provider realm. While this course does not lead directly to a certification exam, it does cover foundational knowledge critical to the success in the Service Provider Technology track.
This course will help you:
- Acquire the foundational knowledge to understand the Cisco Service Provider Network methodologies, tools, and functions
- Learn the skills to manage the software and hardware platforms, structures, and protocols within the Service Provider realm
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking
- Familiarity with typical service provider environment
- Basic knowledge about networking devices and their roles
This course is designed for network and software engineers and hold job roles such as:
- Network administrator
- Network engineer
- Network manager
- System engineer
- Project manager
- Network designer
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe network architectures, devices, and software used by service providers
- Describe the various Internet governance organizations, their roles, and tools available for governance information verification
- Configure Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS©_) and Cisco IOS XE routers
- Describe Cisco IOS XR software, perform initial configuration, and explain platform daily tasks
- Describe various access and core technologies used by service providers
- Describe various major switching technologies used by service providers
- Describe major overlay technologies and their usage, and configure Virtual Extensible LAN I (VxLAN)
- Describe various major routing protocols used by service providers
- Configure Layer 3 services used by service providers
- Describe Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), components, protocols, and MPLS usage
- Describe usage of various services used and maintained by service providers
- Introduce Linux networking, Bourne Again Shell (BASH) scripting, and their usage within Cisco IOS XR software
- Introducing Service Provider Architectures
- Describing Internet Governance Organizations
- Configuring the Cisco IOS and Cisco IOS XE Router
- Configuring Cisco IOS XR Router
- Introducing Access and Core Technologies in the Service Provider Environment
- Introducing Routing Technologies in the Service Provider Environment
- Describing MPLS
- Implementing Layer 3 Services
- Introducing Switching Technologies in the Service Provider Environment
- Introducing Overlay Technologies
- Implementing Service Provider Services
- Introducing Programmability on Cisco IOS XR Routers