Implementing Cisco Catalyst 9000 Switches + DNA Center (ENC9K)
The Implementing Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches (ENC9K) v2.0 course provides insight into Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches and its solution components. Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches are the next generation in the Cisco Catalyst family of enterprise LAN access, aggregation, and core switches. The switches integrate the new realities of the digital era. The switches are twice as fast, with double the capacity, providing end-to-end security, and automation using centralized management in the Cisco DNA Center.
This course will help you:
- Prepare for successful deployment of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Understand the role of Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches in the SD-Access fabric
- Learn to provision Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches using Cisco DNA center as the orchestration platform
- Gain hands-on practice through in-depth lab exercises
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
You are expected to have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Cisco CCNP©_ certification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of configuring LAN routing and switching with legacy Cisco Catalyst switches
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS XE operating system
- Awareness of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) as an authentication platform and policy manager
- Familiarity with using network management software
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing Systems fundamentals
- Familiarity with Cisco Intent-based networking and policy-based management automation technologies
The following Cisco offerings can help you prepare for this course:
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS) replaced by Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)
- Cisco ACI Implementation and Design (ACI) replaced by Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACI)
This course is ideal for network engineers, designers, managers, and system engineers who are adopting the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) and will use Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches to enable an SD-Access solution provisioned with Cisco DNA Center.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Review the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches identify the switches’ features and examine the functionalities purpose-built for Cisco DNA and the SD-Access solution.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, components including power supplies, and other switch features and capabilities.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, and components, including power supplies and stacking cables.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches, different modular chassis, supervisor and line card options, architectural components, uplink, and power redundancy, and Multigigabit ports
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches, model types, switch components, RFID support, architecture, and switch profiles.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switch architecture, supervisor and line card options, and high availability features.
- Position the different Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch model types in the network, and map older Cisco Catalyst switches to the 9000 family for migration.
- Examine management capabilities of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches deployed in a Cisco StackWise Virtual environment and an SD-Access fabric.
- Describe the new Cisco IOS XE software management, patchability, and Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR) features on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the scalability and performance features supported by the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch support for security, Quality of Service (QoS), and Internet of Things (IoT) convergence features.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series support for cloud hosting and connectivity, along with automation features
- Explore the SD-Access solution fundamentals, deployment models for the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch, and the use of Cisco DNA Center to manage infrastructure devices.
- Introducing the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches
- Positioning Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Examining the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Management Capabilities
- Deploying Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches in Cisco StackWise Virtual and SD-Access Fabric
- Describing New Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000Series Switches
- Describing Scale and Performance Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Security, QoS, and IoT Convergence Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Cloud and Automation Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Cisco SD-Access Solution and Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Discover and Automate the Underlay Topology Using PnP Base Automation Service of Cisco DNA
- Center GUI
- Perform GIR on a Cisco Catalyst 9000 Family Switch
- Enable and Verify Encrypted Traffic Analytics
- Configure Perpetual PoE and Fast PoE on a Cisco Catalyst 9000 Family Switch
- Explore Switch Management Automation and Programmability
- Deploy Cisco SD-Access Campus Fabric Using Cisco DNA Center Automation
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.