Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions Part 1 (ECMS1)
The Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions Part 1 (ECMS1) v1.0 course equips students with the knowledge and skills to confidently operate Cisco Meraki deployments. This 1-day, instructor-led course includes live demos and guided lab practice. It teaches candidates how to implement core configurations for a full stack solution in the Meraki Dashboard and how to leverage essential Meraki Dashboard tools for troubleshooting.
This is the first of two courses that prepare students to take the Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist certification exam. The exam will be launched in the second half of the calendar year 2019. Additional information on the second course in the ECMS series, Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions Part 2 (ECMS2) v1.0, will also be available in the second half of the calendar year 2019.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Before taking this course, you should have earned CCNA certification or be familiar with:
- Basic network fundamentals and building simple LANs
- Basic IP addressing and subnets
- Routing and switching fundamentals
- Basic wireless networking concepts and terminology
Meraki operators interested in introductory-level technical training or in preparing for the Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist certification
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Implement core configurations for a full stack solution in the Meraki Dashboard
- Deploy foundational Meraki product features to meet basic IT requirements
- Understand and leverage essential Meraki Dashboard tools for troubleshooting
Lesson 1: Cloud & Dashboard
- Describe the out-of-band control plane
- Describe cloud-based solution benefits
- Describe the Dashboard organizational structure
- Design proper Dashboard segmentation and permissions
- Describe licensing and co-termination
- Describe and design a basic Meraki network deployment workflow
Lesson 2: Products & Administration
- Security appliance platform (MX)
- Design and configure Auto-VPN
- Design and configure traffic shaping and SD-WAN policies
- Configure content filtering rules
- Configure AMP and IDS/IPS
- Switching platform (MS)
- Configure switch ports using virtual stacking
- Configure L3 routing using OSPF
- WLAN platform (MR)
- Configure SSIDs and access control settings
- Configure and secure guest Wi-Fi
- Design and configure traffic shaping
- Endpoint management platform (SM)
- Configure device configuration profiles
- Describe the device live tools
- Security cameras platform (MV)
- Configure video quality and retention settings
- Configure video walls
Lesson 3: Operating & Troubleshooting
- Describe and troubleshoot using visibility and monitoring tools
- Configure firmware upgrades
- Describe and configure a scalable network using automation tools
- Configure and troubleshoot networks using live troubleshooting tools
- Describe and troubleshoot through engaging Meraki Support