|Job Opening: Contract Cisco Instructor|
Primary responsibilities include delivering classroom training and informal seminars on a variety of technical courses/topics, course development, and other special projects.
- A strong networking, data center, collaboration, contact center or security background.
- 3-5 years years of LAN/WAN/Service Provider networking design, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience.
- Outstanding communication skills and passion to share knowledge with students.
- Industry certifications e.g. CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCSI, JNCI, MCSE, CISSP are a plus.
- Flexibility to travel for teaching engagements.
If interested, please contact our recruiting department at (303) 729-1087 or email your resume email@example.com.
|Job Opening: Hortonworks Instructor|
Technical consultant or instructor with previous experience working with Java technologies, database systems, and distributed systems. Responsible to help lead training delivery efforts and teaching others about Apache Hadoop and its ecosystem. Sr. Instructors will have specialized knowledge in multiple Hadoop ecosystem technologies. Responsible for delivering technical training to customers, partners, and internal audiences. On occasion, will be required to deliver customized training content tailored to a client’s needs. The ability to self-learn and training best practices and on occasion, mentor junior instructors and help with instructor on-boarding processes. This role requires some travel to varied locations. Ideally, the instructor’s home base will be in a Reston, VA or Denver, CO, which allows for the possibility of significantly reduced travel.
- Ability to teach complex technical concepts to highly technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluid communication and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of Hadoop and its expanding ecosystem
- Experience with databases, distributed systems
- Experience with Hadoop related instruction is required
- Solid understanding of “Big Data” environments and processes such as data ingestion, ETL, database schema design, data analytics
- Participate in instructor improvement efforts by identifying areas of instructor growth, present new ideas, mentor
- Participate as SMEs to larger global instructor community
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience with HDFS, YARN, Pig, Hive, Tez, HBase, Oozie, Ganglia, Ambari
- Experience with one or more database systems such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MS SQL Server, HBase, MongoDB
- Experience with SQL, DDL & DML, ER design
- Experience with development environments such as Eclipse, Netbeans, or InteliJ
- Experience or knowledge of cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services,Microsoft Azure, or Rackspace
- Experience in working within a Linux environment and basic POSIX commands and basic shell scripting
- Knowledge of enterprise security such as Kerberos, SPNEGO, LDAP, POSIX security, SSL
- Strong knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, http/https, ssh, ftp
- Knowledge of web services such as REST & SOAP
Please Submit Cover Letters & Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org