CVP Development and Scripting - Part 1 is part of the Cisco UCCE with CVP suite of Contact Centre training classes. CVPDS-1 teaches each student to use the features of Call Studio to build self-service IVR applications and to run and maintain them on the CVP VXML Server, and to interface with UCCE/ICM scripts.
Students have ample practice writing applications, using OAMP for put applications into production on the classroom VXML Server, and troubleshooting through log files analysis.
CVPD is for Cisco customers, partners, and employees involved in UCCE/CVP or CVP Stand-alone deployments. This class is for application developers, programmers, sales and pre-sales, technical support, and project managers to learn to script in CVP Call Studio and VXML Server.
Module 1: Overview of a UCCE with CVP Comprehensive Call Flow.
Module 2: ICM routing scripts to route calls to CVP VXML Server applications, passing data (eg, global variables), parsing and evaluating data returned, queueing, and assigning data to send to Finesse.
Module 3: Writing Call Studio scripts (applications) that include:â€‹
- Prompting Callers - using pre-recorded audio; TTS text-to-speech; Say it Smart to format audio as digits, date, time, currency; input error reprompting
- Collecting and confirming caller input, such as account numbers, dates of birth, etc
- Working with variables - Session data, Element data, Call data, Local data (CVP11)
- Introduction to retrieving data from back end systems:
- SQL Database interaction - using the Studio Database element to select data
- Web service interaction- Studio Web Services element for SOAP-web services and calling a simple REST web service
- Playing audio to callers during back-end data retrieval
- Catch events
- Working with counters, decisions, math
- Setting VoiceXML properties affecting the gateway
- Multi-Language applications
Module 5: Implementing a Post Call Survey
Module 6: Application to take recordings and FTP them to the media server
Module 7: Using the Studio Debugger to test applications within Studio
Module 8: CVP Reporting Server:
- Best practices regarding naming elements and variables
- Configuring data to pass to the Reporting Server using OAMP
- Understanding Reporting Server tables
- Understanding the Application Summary CUIC reports
- OAMP Operations Console to deploy applications to VXML Server
- Using Studio Documenter to print Visio-like diagrams of the application
- Configuring log file properties
- Using logs for debugging applications
- Administrative scripts for graceful updates or suspensions of the server
- Important log, debug, administration files