Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACI)
The Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACI) v1.0 course shows you how to deploy and manage the Cisco© Nexus© 9000 Series Switches in Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI©) mode. The course gives you the knowledge and skills to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI mode, how to connect the Cisco ACI fabric to external networks and services, and fundamentals of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) integration. You will gain hands-on practice implementing key capabilities such as fabric discovery, policies, connectivity, VMM integration, and more.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (300-620 DCACI), which leads to CCNP© Data Center and Cisco Certified Specialist – Data Center ACI Implementation certifications.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of networking protocols, routing, and switching
- Familiarity with Cisco Ethernet switching products
- Understanding of Cisco data center architecture
- Familiarity with virtualization fundamentals
These are the recommended Cisco learning offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0
- Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU) v1.0
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.2
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.2
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX) or Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Network Designer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Data Center Engineer
- Consulting Systems Engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Integrators/Partners
- Field Engineer
- Server Administrator
- Network Manager
- Storage Administrator
- Cisco integrators and partners
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco ACI Fabric Infrastructure and basic Cisco ACI concepts
- Describe Cisco ACI policy model logical constructs
- Describe Cisco ACI basic packet forwarding
- Describe external network connectivity
- Describe VMM Integration
- Describe Layer 4 to Layer 7 integrations
- Explain Cisco ACI management features
Introducing Cisco ACI Fabric Infrastructure and Basic Concepts
- What Is Cisco ACI?
- Cisco ACI Topology and Hardware
- Cisco ACI Object Model
- Faults, Event Record, and Audit Log
- Cisco ACI Fabric Discovery
- Cisco ACI Access Policies
Describing Cisco ACI Policy Model Logical Constructs
- Cisco ACI Logical Constructs
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding
- Bridge Domain
- Endpoint Group
- Application Profile
- Tenant Components Review
- Adding Bare-Metal Servers to Endpoint Groups
Describing Cisco ACI Basic Packet Forwarding
- Endpoint Learning
- Basic Bridge Domain Configuration ****
Introducing External Network Connectivity
- Cisco ACI External Connectivity Options
- External Layer 2 Network Connectivity
- External Layer 3 Network Connectivity
Introducing VMM Integration
- VMware vCenter VDS Integration
- Resolution Immediacy in VMM
- Alternative VMM Integrations
Describing Layer 4 to Layer 7 Integrations
- Service Appliance Insertion Without ACI L4-L7 Service Graph
- Service Appliance Insertion via ACI L4-L7 Service Graph
- Service Graph Configuration Workflow
- Service Graph PBR Introduction
Explaining Cisco ACI Management
- Out-of-Band Management
- In-Band Management
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- Configuration Backup
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
- Role-Based Access Control
- Cisco ACI Upgrade
- Collect Tech Support
- Validate Fabric Discovery
- Configure Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Create Access Policies and Virtual Port Channel (vPC)
- Enable Layer 2 Connectivity in the Same Endpoint Group (EPG)
- Enable Inter-EPG Layer 2 Connectivity
- Enable Inter-EPG Layer 3 Connectivity
- Compare Traffic Forwarding Methods in a Bridge Domain
- Configure External Layer 2 (L2Out) Connection
- Configure External Layer 3 (L3Out) Connection
- Integrate Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) With VMware vCenter Using VMware Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS)
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.