Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE)
This course discusses the Cisco Identity Services Engine, an identity and access control policy platform that provides a single policy plane across the entire organization, combining multiple services, including authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA), posture, profiling, device on-boarding, and guest management, into a single context-aware identity-based platform. The training provides students with the knowledge and skills to enforce security posture compliance for wired and wireless endpoints as well as enhance infrastructure security using the Cisco ISE.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
It is recommended that students have the following prior to attending this course:
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS CLI
- Familiarity with Cisco ASA
- Familiarity with Cisco VPN clients
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with 802.1x
Target Audience:The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- ISE Administrators / Engineers
- Wireless Administrators / Engineers
- Consulting Systems Engineers
- Technical / Wireless / BYOD / Security Solutions Architects
- ATP partner systems and field engineers
- Systems integrators who install and implement the Cisco Identity Service Engine
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe Cisco ISE architecture, installation, and distributed deployment options
- Configure Network Access Devices (NADs), policy components, and basic authentication and authorization policies in Cisco ISE
- Implement Cisco ISE web authentication and guest services
- Deploy Cisco ISE profiling, posture, and client provisioning services
- Describe administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and TrustSec SGA security
- Configure device administration using TACACS+ in Cisco ISE
Module 1: Introducing Cisco ISE Architecture and Deployment
- Lesson 1: Using Cisco ISE as a Network Access Policy Engine
- Lesson 2: Introducing Cisco ISE Deployment Models
Module 2: Cisco ISE Policy Enforcement
- Lesson 1: Introducing 802.1x and MAB Access: Wired and Wireless
- Lesson 2: Introducing Identity Management
- Lesson 3: Configuring Certificate Services
- Lesson 4: Introducing Cisco ISE Policy
- Lesson 5: Configuring Cisco ISE Policy Sets
- Lesson 6: Implementing Third-Party
- Lesson 7: Introducing Cisco TrustSec
- Lesson 8: Introducing EasyConnect
Module 3: Web Authentication and Guest Services
- Lesson 1: Introducing Web Access with Cisco ISE
- Lesson 2: Introducing ISE Guest Access Components
- Lesson 3: Configuring Guest Access Settings
- Lesson 4: Configuring Portals: Sponsors and Guests
Module 4: Cisco ISE Profiler
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco ISE Profiler
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ISE Profiling
Module 5: Cisco ISE BYOD
- Lesson 1: Introducing the Cisco ISE BYOD Process
- Lesson 2: Describing BYOD Flow
- Lesson 3: Configuring My Devices Portal Settings
- Lesson 4: Configuring Certificates in BYOD Scenarios
Module 6: Cisco ISE Endpoint Compliance Services
- Lesson 1: Introducing Endpoint Compliance
- Lesson 2: Configuring Client Posture Services and Provisioning in Cisco ISE
Module 7: Cisco ISE with AMP and VPN-Based Services
- Lesson 1: Introducing VPN Access Using Cisco ISE
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco AMP for ISE
Module 8: Cisco ISE Integrated Solutions with APIs
- Lesson 1: Introducing Location-Based Authorization
- Lesson 2: Introducing Cisco ISE 2.x pxGrid
Module 9: Working with Network Access Devices
- Lesson 1: Configuring TACACS+ for Cisco ISE Device Administration
Module 10: Cisco ISE Design
- Lesson 1: Designing and Deployment Best Practices
- Lesson 2: Performing Cisco ISE Installation and Configuration Best Practices
- Lesson 3: Deploying Failover and High-Availability
Module 11: Configuring Third-Party NAD Support
- Lesson 1: Configuring Third-Party NAD Support
- ï»¿Lab 1: Configure Initial Cisco ISE setup, GUI familiarization, system certificate usage
- Lab 2: Integrate Cisco ISE with Active Directory
- Lab 3: Configure Basic Policy on Cisco ISE
- Lab 4: Configure Conversion to Policy Sets
- Lab 5: Configure Access Policy for Easy Connect
- Lab 6: Configure Guest Access
- Lab 7: Configure Guest Access Operations
- Lab 8: Create Guest Reports
- Lab 9: Configure Profiling
- Lab 10: Customize the Cisco ISE Profiling Configuration
- Lab 11: Create Cisco ISE Profiling Reports
- Lab 12: Configure BYOD
- Lab 13: Blacklisting a Device
- Lab 14: Configure Compliance Services on Cisco ISE
- Lab 15: Configure Client Provisioning
- Lab 16: Configure Posture Policies
- Lab 17: Test and Monitor Compliance Based Access
- Lab 18: Test Compliance Policy
- Lab 19: Configure Cisco ISE for VPN Access
- Lab 20: Configure Threat-Centric NAC using Cisco AMP
- Lab 21: Configure Cisco ISE pxGrid and Cisco WSA Integration
- Lab 22: Configure Cisco ISE for Basic Device Administration
- Lab 23: Configure TACACS+ Command Authorization
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.