ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (ENWLSD) v1.0 course gives you the knowledge you need to design Cisco© wireless networks. The course covers design specifics from scenario design concepts through the installation phase and into post-deployment validation.
This course, including the self-paced material, helps prepare you to take the exam, Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (300-425 ENWLSD), which leads to the new CCNP© Enterprise and Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Wireless Design certifications. The exam will be available beginning February 24, 2020.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- General knowledge of networks
- General knowledge of wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
Either of the following combinations of Cisco courses can help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1)
- Coming soon: Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR) and Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU)
This course is for wireless engineers who work in the following roles:
- Consulting systems engineer
- Network administrator
- Network engineer
- Network manager
- Sales engineer
- Systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Wireless design engineer
- Wireless engineer
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe and implement a Cisco-recommended structured design methodology
- Describe and implement industry standards, amendments, certifications, and Requests For Comments (RFCs)
- Describe and implement Cisco enhanced wireless features
- Describe and implement the wireless design process
- Describe and implement specific vertical designs
- Describe and implement site survey processes
- Describe and implement network validation processes
Describing and Implementing a Structured Wireless Design Methodology
- Importance of Planning Wireless Design with a Structured Methodology
- Cisco Structured Design Model
- Cisco Design Guides and Cisco Validated Designs for Wireless Networks
- Role of the Project Manager When Designing Wireless Networks
Describing and Implementing Industry Protocols and Standards
- Wireless Standards Bodies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 802.11 Standard and Amendments
- Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) Certifications
- Relevant Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Wireless RFCs
- Practice Activity
Describing and Implementing Cisco Enhanced Wireless Features
- Hardware and Software Choices for a Wireless Network Design
- Cisco Infrastructure Settings for Wireless Network Design
- Cisco Enhanced Wireless Features
Examining Cisco Mobility and Roaming
- Mobility and Intercontroller Mobility in a Wireless Network
- Optimize Client Roaming in a Wireless Network
- Cisco Workgroup Bridge (WGB) and WGB Roaming in a Wireless Network
Describing and Implementing the Wireless Design Process
- Overview of Wireless Design Process
- Meet with the Customer to Discuss the Wireless Network Design
- Customer Information Gathering for a Wireless Network Design
- Design the Wireless Network
- Deployment of the Wireless Network
- Validation and Final Adjustments of the Wireless Network
- Wireless Network Design Project Documents and Deliverables
Describing and Implementing Specific Vertical Designs
- Designs for Wireless Applications
- Wireless Network Design Within the Campus
- Extend Wireless Networks to the Branch Sites
Examining Special Considerations in Advanced Wireless Designs
- High-Density Designs in Wireless Networks
- Introducing Location and Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) Concepts
- Design for Location
- FastLocate and HyperLocation
- Bridges and Mesh in a Wireless Network Design
- Redundancy and High Availability in a Wireless Network
Describing and Implementing the Site Survey Processes
- Site Survey Types
- Special Arrangements Needed for Site Surveys
- Safety Aspects to be Considered During Site Surveys
- Site Survey Tools in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Third-Party Site Survey Software and Hardware Tools
Describing and Implementing Wireless Network Validation Processes
- Post-installation Wireless Network Validation
- Making Post-installation Changes to a Wireless Network
- Wireless Network Handoff to the Customer
- Installation Report
- Use Cisco Prime Infrastructure as a Design Tool
- Create a Predictive Site Survey with Ekahau Pro
- Perform a Live Site Survey Using Access Point on a Stick (APoS)
- Simulate a Post-installation Network Validation Survey
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.