ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
Have received an Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or have equivalent experience.
System administrators and cloud administrators responsible for the management of systems and cloud client systems on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Satellite
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to implement Puppet in an operations or cloud computing environment.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Compose Puppet manifests using a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Author Puppet modules for deployment and configuration of network services.
- Implement Puppet master and client nodes.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage system configuration using Puppet.
Recommended next exam or course:
Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet (EX405)
Demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and abilities to automate configuration management with Puppet and Red Hat Enterprise Satellite 6.
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
Course Outline:Course introduction
- Introduction to the course.
- Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
- Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
- Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
- Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
- Implement Git to manage software.
- View information about systems using Facter.
- Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
- Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
- Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
- Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
- Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
- Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
- Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.