Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405) is designed for system administrators and cloud administrators who intend to implement Puppet as integrated with Red Hat products in an operations environment or a cloud computing environment.
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills after course completion:
- Compose Puppet manifests using a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Author Puppet modules for deployment and configuration of network services.
- Implement Puppet master and client nodes.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage system configuration using Puppet.
- Introduction to the course.
- Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
- Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
- Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
- Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
- Implement Git to manage software.
- View information about systems using Facter.
- Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
- Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
- Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
- Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
- Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
- Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
- Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.