This course uses Juniper Networks vMX Series Routers for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 17.1.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Layer 3 components of a service provider’s network.
Students should have intermediate-level networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) courses prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: OSPF
Chapter 3: OSPF Areas
Chapter 4: OSPF Case Studies and Solutions
Chapter 5: Troubleshooting OSPF
Chapter 6: IS-IS
Chapter 7: Advanced IS-IS Operations and Configuration Options
Chapter 8: Multilevel IS-IS Networks
Chapter 9: Troubleshooting IS-IS
Chapter 10: BGP
Chapter 11: BGP Attributes and Policyâ€”Part 1
Chapter 12: BGP Attributes and Policyâ€”Part 2
Chapter 13: Route Reflection and Confederations
Chapter 14: BGP Route Damping
Chapter 15: Troubleshooting BGP
Chapter 16: Troubleshooting Policy
A year-long neXT membership which includes 365 days of…
- Access to exclusive tech talk webinars covering content not found in the classroom
- Sessions include: Delta & New Featured Topics, Open Q&A Workshops, Exam Prep & Guidance, Lab Demos
- Technical discussion boards to interact with instructors and other members
- Goal-based learning paths built to accomplish a specific end goal
- Learning paths may include videos, blogs, quizzes, exam prep questions, and more
- Get content and recordings from the entire technology stack, not just this class!
Don’t have the time or budget for an instructor-led class?
Interested in one-on-one services with your instructor-led class?
Would you like dedicated training resources for your entire team?