neXT LIVE 365
LEARN FOR 365 DAYS!
Sunset Learning Institute believes in a 365-day learning experience that begins immediately, regardless of when you attend your ILT course. At SLI, you get a range of learning opportunities, from instructor-led hands-on training, to self-directed, customizable learning paths based on your environment, your needs, and your level of experience. We provide the tools and options, and you decide what you need, when you need it, and how you want to learn it!
Immediate access to supplemental learning assets that are INCLUDED with your purchase of the above instructor-led training course:
- 365 Days of Access to SLI’s Entire Juniper Video Reference Library (VRL), not just the 5-day class you sign up for (hundreds of searchable, on-demand learning bytes in 5-15-minute videos)
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Delta Sessions - What’s Not Covered in Class! (Version Upgrades, Industry Updates, Etc.)
- 365 Days of Unlimited 24x7 Access to SLI's Community - Collaborate with SLI Instructors and Other Members (Monitored Daily by SLI Instructors) See Community Demo
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Interactive neXTpertise Sessions and other IT Resources with SLI Instructors (featured hot topics, exam prep, etc.) See Upcoming neXTpertise Sessions
- Unlimited Access to Hosted Webinars and All Previously Recorded Sessions
- Unlimited Access to your Digital Courseware
- Training that fits your needs (from high intensity to small learning bytes)
- Build immediate competency - start at time of purchase!
- Gain know-how and skills gaps with limited work disruptions
- Get quick answers to daily challenges - live interaction!
Please Note This Course Runs Extended Hours! Ask about discount when combining with AJER.
This course provides detailed coverage of virtual LAN (VLAN) operations, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) and VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP), authentication and access control for Layer 2 networks, IP telephony features, class of service (CoS), and monitoring and troubleshooting tools and features supported on the EX Series Ethernet Switches.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations. This course uses Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos operating system.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches.
Course Level: AJEX is an advanced-level course
Students should have an intermediate-level of networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Implement filter-based VLAN assignments.
- Restrict traffic flow within a VLAN.
- Manage dynamic VLAN registration.
- Tunnel Layer 2 traffic through Ethernet networks.
- Review the purpose and operations of a spanning tree.
- Implement multiple spanning-tree instances in a network.
- Implement one or more spanning-tree instances for a VLAN.
- List the benefits of implementing end-user authentication.
- Explain the operations of various access control features.
- Configure and monitor various access control features.
- Describe processing considerations when multiple authentication and access control features are enabled.
- Describe some common IP telephony deployment scenarios.
- Describe features that facilitate IP telephony deployments.
- Configure and monitor features used in IP telephony deployments.
- Explain the purpose and basic operations of CoS.
- Describe CoS features used in Layer 2 networks.
- Configure and monitor CoS in a Layer 2 network
- Describe a basic troubleshooting method.
- List common issues that disrupt network operations.
- Identify tools used in network troubleshooting.
- Use available tools to resolve network issues.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Advanced Ethernet Switching
- Virtual Local Area Networks
- Automating VLAN Administration
- Tunneling Layer 2 Traffic
- Lab 1: Advanced Ethernet Switching
- Spanning Tree Review
- Lab 2: Advanced Spanning Tree
- Authentication Overview
- Access Control Features
- Overview of Authentication Processing
- Lab 3: Authentication and Access Control
Chapter 5: Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Deployment Scenarios
- IP Telephony Features
- Case Study: Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Lab 4: Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Class of Service Review
- Processing and Feature Overview
- Case Study: Implementing Class of Service
- Lab 5: Class of Service
- Introduction to Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools
- Case Studies
- Lab 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting