VMware Cloud on AWS: Deploy and Manage
This three-day course teaches you skills for deploying and managing a VMware Cloud on AWS infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and labs, you deploy and manage the VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware vSphere© features that build a foundation for a hybrid infrastructure. You also discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone planning to migrate, build, or hybridize with VMware Cloud on AWS can benefit from this course.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Complete the following course or have the knowledge, experience and understanding listed below:
- Understand concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course or a later vSphere version.
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESXiTM and VMware vCenter Server©_.
- High-level understanding of VMware vSANTM and VMware NSX-TTM Data Center.
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the architecture of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Deploy a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC and Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Configure internal, external, and inter-SDDC networking
- Describe and configure storage integrations and solutions for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Configure a connection between an on-premises vSphere SDDC and a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Configure the scale-up and scale-down of a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Migrate virtual machines between on-premises vSphere and VMware Cloud on AWS SDDCs
- Describe additional services that add value to a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Describe maintenance issues, troubleshooting scenarios, and support resources for a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Identify additional resources for after this course
- Identify other VMware Education Offerings
2 Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS
- Why choose VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Billing and pricing
Managing the SDDC and Creating Virtual Machines
- Creating and managing users in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Deploying and accessing SDDCs
- Creating Virtual Machines
Networking in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS networking
- Networking design of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Networking operations
- Inter-SDDC networking
Storage on VMware Cloud on AWS
- VMware vSAN in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Stretched clusters
- External storage integrations and solutions
Working with On-Premises vSphere
- Hybrid linked mode
- Hybrid Cloud Extension
- Migrating Virtual Machines
- vSphere permissions
Scaling the SDDC and Managing Hosts
- Sizing the SDDC
- Cluster management
- Adding and removing hosts
- Host remediation
Resource Management and Availability
- VMware vSphere©_ Distributed Resource SchedulerTM and Elastic DRS for VMware Cloud on AWS
- vSphere HA
Using Other VMware Products with the SDDC
- Site Recovery Add-On Service
- VMware Horizon©_
- VMware vRealize©_ Suite
- VMware Log Intelligence
- Using APIs with VMware Cloud on AWS
Maintaining and Troubleshooting VMware Cloud on AWS
- Best practice maintenance
- Support and staying up to date
- Common troubleshooting steps
- Next steps to use VMware Cloud on AWS