This version of the course relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. This course is specifically designed for students who have completed Red Hat System Administration I (RH124). This version of the course includes the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200).
Red Hat System Administration II (RH135) focuses on the key tasks needed to become a full time Linux administrator. This course goes deeper into enterprise Linux administration including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewalling, and troubleshooting. Attending both Red Hat System Administration I and Red Hat System Administration II can help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam (EX200).
To Purchase the Class Only and Not Include the Exam For RH 135 Please Enter Promo Code: NOEXAM When Registering for This Class
- Installation using Kickstart
- Manage filesystems and logical volumes
- Manage scheduled jobs
- Access network filesystems
- Manage SELinux
- Control firewalling
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
Module 14: Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.