The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack Neutron. Students will go through the setup of a Ceph environment and its configuration as a backend for OpenStack, and the configuration and usage of the advanced features for OpenStack Neutron.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack (EX210) certification or equivalent experience
- Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
- Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
- Create and deploy virtual network devices.
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
- Verify and manage the Neutron services.
- Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
- Implement LbaaS.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.