ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack Neutron. Students will go through the setup of a Ceph environment and its configuration as a backend for OpenStack, and the configuration and usage of the advanced features for OpenStack Neutron.
Prerequisites:Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack (EX210) certification or equivalent experience
Target Audience:Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who are interested in learning how to configure an scalable and distributed storage as a storage backend for OpenStack and use the advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron.
- Get an overview of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform architecture
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack
- Deploy each Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform service manually
- Manage users and projects
- Deploy instances, and use Heat to deploy and customize instances
Course Outine:Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
- Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
- Create and deploy virtual network devices.
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
- Verify and manage the Neutron services.
- Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
- Implement LbaaS.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.