Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL 310)
You will learn how to manage the OpenStack networking service (Neutron) with network functions virtualization to enhance network performance. You will configure distributed virtual routers, Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit datapath, and IPv6 networking in OpenStack. You will also deploy software-defined networking with OpenDaylight.
- Network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Distributed virtual router (DVR)
- Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK) datapath
- IPv6 networking
- Single-root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
- Software-defined networking (SDN) with OpenDaylight (ODL)
- VLAN, VXLAN, and GRE networks
*SR-IOV is covered in the course as a lecture and a video. The specification is not covered as a hands-on exercise because it requires special hardware.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete the Red Hat©_ Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210), or demonstrate equivalent experience
This course is designed for network engineers, network operators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design and tune a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment meeting the high-network performance requirements of your organization.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and implement high-performing software-defined networks.
- Provide higher-performing networks using enhanced platform awareness (EPA), Open vSwitch Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK), and network functions virtualization (NFV).
Recommended next exam or course:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310)
- Manage networks in Linux
- Administer network interfaces, bridges, and virtual networking devices.
- Manage OpenStack networking agents
- Manage the L2, L3, DHCP, and other OpenStack networking agents.
- Deploy IPv6 networks
- Set up IPv6 networks in OpenStack.
- Provision OpenStack networks
- Provision tenant networks and provider networks.
- Implement distributed virtual routing
- Enable distributed virtual routing (DVR) to provide scaling and performance.
- Tune NFV performance
- Tune OpenStack networking performance.
- Implement NFV data paths
- Execute network functions virtualization (NFV) data paths.
- Build software-defined networks with OpenDaylight
- Create software-defined networks with OpenDaylight (ODL).
- Comprehensive review of Red Hat OpenStack Administration III
- Configure advanced networking on Red Hat©_ OpenStack Platform.