The focus of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) will be managing OpenStack using both the web-based dashboard and the command-line interface, in addition to managing instances and installing a proof-of-concept environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director. Essential skills covered in the course include configuring Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using the director UI); managing users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage; setting quotas; and configuring images at instantiation.
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- For candidates that have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the correct skill set knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment
- Launch an instance.
- Manage projects, quotas, and users.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Create and manage block and object storage in the OpenStack framework.
- Customize instances with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable stacks.
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using RHOSP director.
Launch an instance
Launch an instance and describe the OpenStack architecture and use cases.
Organize people and resources
Manage projects, users, roles, and quotas.
Describe cloud computing
Describe the changes in technology and processes for cloud computing.
Manage Linux networks
Administer Linux networks and bridges.
Prepare to deploy an instance
Manage images, flavors, and private networks in preparation for launching an instance.
Deploy an instance
Launch and verify an instance.
Manage block storage
Manage ephemeral and persistent block storage.
Manage object storage
Administer object storage.
Prepare to deploy an external instance
Manage external networks and security in preparation for launching an instance with public access.
Deploy an instance with public access
Launch and verify an instance with public access.
Customize an instance with cloud-init.
Deploy scalable stacks
Deploy a stack and configure autoscaling.
Install an OpenStack overcloud
Install an OpenStack proof of concept using the director UI and provisioning service templates.
Comprehensive Review of CL110
Review tasks in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators course.