Learn about clustering, performance tuning, and securing enterprise application platform instances, as well as troubleshooting and applying fixes. This course is the follow-on course for JBoss Application Administration I (JB248).
- Experienced system administrators responsible for deploying and administering JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 in large-scale production environments.
- At least 2 years of experience as a JBoss Enterprise Application Platform administrator
- JBoss Certified Application Administrators (EAP 6)
- JBoss Application Administration I (JB248) (highly recommended)
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA) Enterprise Application Platform 6 status is recommended but not required; students should at least be able to accomplish the tasks associated with the JBCAA EAP 6 exam (EX248).
- Install JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 and optional components
- Learn about clustering with an emphasis on tuning
- Deploy to production and cloud environments
- Script with CLI
- Monitor and manage resources for Enterprise Application Platform
- Manage, cluster, and tune a HornetQ messaging system
- Configure security settings that include authentication, authorization, networking, and the management interfaces
In this hands-on, lab-intensive course, you will learn about and perform the following duties:
- Given the proper installation media, perform Red Hat©_ JBoss©_ Enterprise Application Platform 6 installations that are repeatable, upgradeable, and silent.
- Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of clustering components, their configuration, and application to clustered architectures.
- Deploy an application in various types of production environments.
- Script various configuration and management scenarios using command line interface (CLI).
- Use various tools to monitor and manage JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- Learn how to manage supported messaging systems.
- Configure security settings that include authentication, authorization, networking, and the management interfaces.
- Learn the functionality of JBoss Operations Network and its use cases. Also learn how to install a JBoss Operations Network server, an agent, and agent plug-ins.
- Learn how to use JBoss Operations Network to monitor managed resources, including defining alerts, baselines, and notifications.