Red Hat High Availability Clustering (RH 436)
Created for senior Linux© system administrators, this four-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This course can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management exam (EX436). This version of the course includes the exam.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
If you have not earned your Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, you can confirm whether you have the correct skill-set knowledge by passing the online skills assessment.
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
- Individuals interested in earning Red Hat Certificates of Expertise, as well as a Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCA) designation
- Install and configure the Red Hat High Availability Add-On
- Create and manage highly available services
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing
- Configure GFS2 file systems
- Configure XFS©_ file systems
- Work with the Red Hat Storage Server
Clusters and storage
- Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
- Set up and manage iSCSI.
- Learn basic manipulation and creation of udev rules.
- Combine multiple paths to SAN devices into one fault-tolerant virtual device.
Red Hat high-availability overview
- Learn architecture and component technologies in the Red Hat©_ High Availability Add-On.
- Understand quorum and quorum calculations.
- Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
Resources and resource groups
- Understand rgmanager and the configuration of resources and resource groups.
Advanced resource management
- Understand resource dependencies and complex resources.
Two-node cluster issues
- Understand the use and limitations of two-node clusters.
- Review LVM commands and Clustered LVM (CLVM).
Global File System 2
- Understand the GFS2 file system and use tools to create, maintain, and troubleshoot it.
- Explore the features of the XFS©_ file system and tools required for creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
Red Hat Storage
- Work with Gluster to create and maintain a scale-out storage solution.
- Set up high-availability services and storage.