- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
- Individuals interested in earning Red Hat Certificates of Expertise, as well as a Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCA) designation
If you have not earned your Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, you can confirm whether you have the correct skill-set knowledge by passing the online skills assessment.
- Install and configure the Red Hat High Availability Add-On
- Create and manage highly available services
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing
- Configure GFS2 file systems
- Configure XFS©_ file systems
- Work with the Red Hat Storage Server
- Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
- Set up and manage iSCSI.
- Learn basic manipulation and creation of udev rules.
- Combine multiple paths to SAN devices into one fault-tolerant virtual device.
- Learn the architecture and component technologies in the Red Hat©_ High Availability Add-On.
- Understand quorum and quorum calculations.
- Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
- Understand rgmanager and the configuration of resources and resource groups.
- Understand resource dependencies and complex resources.
- Understand the use and limitations of two-node clusters.
- Review LVM commands and Clustered LVM (CLVM).
- Understand the GFS2 file system and use tools to create, maintain, and troubleshoot it.
- Explore the features of the XFS©_ file system and tools required for creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
- Work with Gluster to create and maintain a scale-out storage solution.
- Set up high-availability services and storage.