Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration (RH 236)
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236).
Note: Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration is part of our emerging technology series of courses. These courses focus on Red Hat's newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little lecture.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Explore geo-replication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
- Learn about snapshots
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
Explore the classroom environment
- Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
- Install Red Hat Storage Server.
- Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
- Understand different volume types.
- Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
ACLs and quotas
- Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Grow storage volumes online.
- Configure IP failover using CTDB.
- Configure geo-replication.
Unified file and object storage
- Configure Swift object access.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Storage.
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin configuration.