Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization with Exam (RH 319)
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318) teaches experienced system administrators how to use the virtualization features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux© managed through the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization suite.
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. With hands-on labs and a deep dive into the technology, this training course is the perfect first step for enterprise planning or executing a virtualization deployment strategy.
This course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administrator exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
*An exam voucher is included with the purchase of this course.
To Purchase the Class Only and Not Include the Exam For RH 319 Please Enter Promo Code: NOEXAM When Registering for This Class
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
IT professionals who have earned a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification
- Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform
- Configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment (datacenters, clusters, and storage domains)
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot virtual machines (servers and desktops)
- Create virtual machine snapshots and explore high-availability options
- Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
- Secure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles
- Monitor and create custom reports
Module 1: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization overview
- Understand general virtualization, KVM concepts, and Red Hat©_ Enterprise Virtualization platform.
Module 2: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Install, test, remove, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
Module 3: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor
- Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.
Module 4: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment configuration
- Create and configure datacenters, clusters, storage domains, and logical networks.
Module 5: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers
- Install, perform basic management of, and troubleshoot virtual servers and images.
Module 6: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops
- Install virtual desktops and configure paravirtualized drivers
Module 7: Virtual machine templates
- Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with template images.
Module 8: Pools and users
- Use pools and deploy the user portal with multilevel administrative roles.
Module 9: Monitoring and reports
- Monitor Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and create custom reports.
Module 10: Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Back up and restore Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; CLI and API interfaces.
Module 11: Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts
- Manage virtual machines with Red Hat Network.
Module 12: Migration and high availability
- Migrate a virtual machine and explore high availability
Module 13: Comprehensive review
- Apply the performance objectives learned throughout the course