Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318) teaches experienced system administrators how to use the virtualization features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux© managed through the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization suite.
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. With hands-on labs and a deep dive into the technology, this training course is the perfect first step for enterprise planning or executing a virtualization deployment strategy.
This course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administrator exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification
- Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform
- Configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment (datacenters, clusters, and storage domains)
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot virtual machines (servers and desktops)
- Create virtual machine snapshots and explore high-availability options
- Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
- Secure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles
- Monitor and create custom reports
- Understand general virtualization, KVM concepts, and Red Hat©_ Enterprise Virtualization platform.
- Install, test, remove, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.
- Create and configure datacenters, clusters, storage domains, and logical networks.
- Install, perform basic management of, and troubleshoot virtual servers and images.
- Install virtual desktops and configure paravirtualized drivers
- Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with template images.
- Use pools and deploy the user portal with multilevel administrative roles.
- Monitor Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and create custom reports.
- Back up and restore Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; CLI and API interfaces.
- Manage virtual machines with Red Hat Network.
- Migrate a virtual machine and explore high availability
- Apply the performance objectives learned throughout the course