Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104T00)
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, secure identities, administer the infrastructure, configure virtual networking, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement storage solutions, create and scale virtual machines, implement web apps and containers, back up and share data, and monitor your solution.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
- Successful Azure Administrators start this role with experience in virtualization, networking, identity, and storage.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configurations, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
This course is for Azure Administrators. The Azure Administrator implements, manages, and monitors identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment. The Azure Administrator will provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources as appropriate.
- Secure and manage identities with Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and manage users and groups.
- Implement and manage Azure subscriptions and accounts.
- Implement Azure Policy, including custom policies.
- Use RBAC to assign permissions.
- Leverage Azure Resource Manager to organize resources.
- Use the Azure Portal and Cloud Shell.
- Use Azure PowerShell and CLI.
- Use ARM Templates to deploy resources.
- Implement virtual networks and subnets.
- Configure network security groups.
- Configure Azure Firewall.
- Configure private and public DNS zones.
- Configure VNet Peering.
- Configure VPN gateways.
- Choose the appropriate intersite connectivity solution.
- Configure network routing including custom routes and service endpoints.
- Configure an Azure Load Balancer.
- Configure and Azure Application Gateway.
- Create Azure storage accounts.
- Configure blob containers.
- Secure Azure storage.
- Configure Azure files shares and file sync.
- Manage storage with tools such as Storage Explorer.
- Plan for virtual machine implementations.
- Create virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine availability, including scale sets.
- Use virtual machine extensions.
- Create an app service plan.
- Create a web app.
- Implement Azure Container Instances.
- Implement Azure Kubernetes Service
- Backup and restore file and folders.
- Backup and restore virtual machines.
- Use Azure Monitor.
- Create Azure alerts.
- Query using Log Analytics.
- Use Network Watcher.
Module 1: Identity
In this module, you will learn how to secure identities with Azure Active Directory, and implement users and groups.
Azure Active Directory
Users and Groups
Lab: Manage Azure Active Directory Identities
Module 2: Governance and Compliance
In this module, you will learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts, implementing Azure policies, and using Role-Based Access Control.
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Azure Policy
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
- Lab: Manage Subscriptions and RBAC
- Lab: Manage Governance via Azure Policy
Module 3: Azure Administration
In this module, you will learn about the tools an Azure Administrator uses to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and Resource Manager Templates.
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Administrator Tools
- ARM Templates
- Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using ARM Templates
- Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using Azure PowerShell (optional)
- Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using Azure CLI (optional)
- Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using the Azure Portal
Module 4: Virtual Networking
In this module, you will learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks and subnetting, IP addressing, network security groups, Azure Firewall, and Azure DNS.
- Virtual Networks
- Network Security groups
- Azure Firewall
- Azure DNS
- Lab: Implement Virtual Networking
Module 5: Intersite Connectivity
In this module, you will learn about intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, Virtual Network Gateways, and Site-to-Site Connections.
- VPN Gateway Connections
- ExpressRoute and Virtual WAN
- Lab: Implement Intersite Connectivity
Module 6: Network Traffic Management
In this module, you will learn about network traffic strategies including network routing and service endpoints, Azure Load Balancer, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Network Routing and Endpoints
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Application Gateway
- Lab: Implement Traffic Management
Module 7: Azure Storage
In this module, you will learn about basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files and File Sync, storage security, and storage tools.
- Storage Accounts
- Blob Storage
- Storage Security
- Azure Files and File Sync
- Managing Storage
- Lab: Manage Azure storage
Module 8: Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, you will learn about Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions.
- Virtual Machine Planning
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Extensions
- Lab: Manage virtual machines
Module 9: Serverless Computing
In this module, you will learn how to administer serverless computing features like Azure App Service, Azure Container Instances, and Kubernetes.
- Azure App Service Plans
- Azure App Service
- Container Services
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Lab: Implement Web Apps
- Lab: Implement Azure Kubernetes Service
- Lab: Implement Azure Container Instances
Module 10: Data Protection
In this module, you will learn about backing up files and folders, and virtual machine backups.
- File and Folder Backups
- Virtual Machine Backups
- Lab: Implement Data Protection
Module 11: Monitoring
In this module, you will learn about monitoring your Azure infrastructure including Azure Monitor, alerting, and log analytics.
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
- Lab: Implement Monitoring