Implementing a Lakehouse with Microsoft Fabric (DP-601T00)
This course will explore the powerful capabilities of Apache Spark for distributed data processing and the essential techniques for efficient data management, versioning, and reliability by working with Delta Lake tables. This course will also explore data ingestion and orchestration using Dataflows Gen2 and Data Factory pipelines. This course includes a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises that will prepare you to work with lake houses in Microsoft Fabric.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Access to on-demand training content anytime, anywhere.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
You should be familiar with basic data concepts and terminology.
The primary audience for this course is data professionals who are familiar with data modeling, extraction, and analytics. It is designed for professionals who are interested in gaining knowledge about Lakehouse architecture, the Microsoft Fabric platform, and how to enable end-to-end analytics using these technologies.
Students will learn:
- Introduction to end-to-end analytics using Microsoft Fabric
- Get started with lakehouses in Microsoft Fabric
- Use Apache Spark in Microsoft Fabric
- Work with Delta Lake tables in Microsoft Fabric
- Ingest Data with Dataflows Gen2 in Microsoft Fabric
- Use Data Factory pipelines in Microsoft Fabric
Module 1: Introduction to end-to-end analytics using Microsoft Fabric
- Describe end-to-end analytics in Microsoft Fabric
Module 2: Get started with lakehouses in Microsoft Fabric
- Describe core features and capabilities of lakehouses in Microsoft Fabric
- Create a lakehouse
- Ingest data into files and tables in a lakehouse
- Query lakehouse tables with SQL
Module 3: Use Apache Spark in Microsoft Fabric
- Configure Spark in a Microsoft Fabric workspace
- Identify suitable scenarios for Spark notebooks and Spark jobs
- Use Spark dataframes to analyze and transform data
- Use Spark SQL to query data in tables and views
- Visualize data in a Spark notebook
Module 4: Work with Delta Lake tables in Microsoft Fabric
- Understand Delta Lake and delta tables in Microsoft Fabric
- Create and manage delta tables using Spark
- Use Spark to query and transform data in delta tables
- Use delta tables with Spark structured streaming
Module 5: Ingest Data with Dataflows Gen2 in Microsoft Fabric
- Describe Dataflow (Gen2) capabilities in Microsoft Fabric
- Create Dataflow (Gen2) solutions to ingest and transform data
- Include a Dataflow (Gen2) in a pipeline
Module 6: Use Data Factory pipelines in Microsoft Fabric
- Describe pipeline capabilities in Microsoft Fabric
- Use the Copy Data activity in a pipeline
- Create pipelines based on predefined templates
- Run and monitor pipelines