ALL COURSE DATES ARE GUARANTEED TO RUN !
As architects and engineers, you’re responsible for evaluating OpenStack from an architectural perspective. We’ll get you on the road with a concise, focused exploration of OpenStack architecture with our Essentials module. You’ll learn what makes OpenStack unique as a cloud architecture, how it’s different than traditional virtualization, and where it's best applied in customer environments. We’ll open up the hood and show you how it ticks, talk about some key challenges and decisions, and get you behind the wheel to take OpenStack for a drive.
This course is designed for Cloud Architects, Data Center Architects, Solution Architects, Systems Engineers, and Pre-Sales Engineers who need to evaluate and recommend OpenStack solutions for their IT organization or for their customers.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to understand the difference between traditional visualiztion and evaluating OpenStack from an architectural perspective and what applications it's beneficial for.
Module 1: Cutting Through the Hype
- What is OpenStack?
- A Brief History
- How It's Different than Traditional Virtualization
- Why Cloud-Based Applications Are Driving Adoption
- Roll Your Own or Run for Cover?
- Private Clouds
- Public Clouds
- Hybrid Clouds
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DRaaS
- Compute Services
- Hypervisor and Container Support
- Storage Services
- Networking Services
- Management Services
- Application Services
- Identity Management
- Orchestration and Automation
- APIs, Programmability, and DevOps
- Criteria for Choosing
- Deployment Tools PuppetLabs
- The Foreman
- Vendor Deployment Tools DevStack
Hands-On Lab: Provision an All-in-One OpenStack Node with DevStack
- Installing DevStack
- Join a Compute Node
- Create a Tenant
- Create a Tenant Network
- Deploy a Micro-Instance
- Create a Security Group and Rules
- Monitoring the Deployment
- Creating an Orchestration Workflow