Employee Experience Platform Specialist (MS-080T00)
In this course, you'll learn how to bring people together to create an optimal employee experience that enables your organization to improve productivity, develop empathetic leadership, and transform how employees feel about their work. In your organization today, are people being treated well, or are their needs neglected? Are your teams aligned on goals with a sense of purpose? Are you driving the business outcomes that you need?
The Microsoft Viva employee experience platform provides the infrastructure to create the culture of trust, collaboration, well-being, and active listening that you envision. This training course will provide Microsoft Employee Experience Platform Specialists with a comprehensive overview of Microsoft Viva, as well as Microsoft 365, Teams, and SharePoint. It will cover how to identify requirements for designing experiences for employee onboarding, career and skill development, rewards and recognition, compensation and benefits, employee wellbeing, and employee retention.
It will also cover how to design solutions to meet these requirements, and how to collaborate with senior executive leadership, human resources, IT, adoption and change management, and learning and organizational development departments. Finally, it will cover how to continuously improve employee experiences based on data-driven insights and feedback.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Access to on-demand training content anytime, anywhere.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
- A general understanding of Microsoft 365, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint
- Familiarity with employee experience concepts and methodologies
Learners taking this course are interested in employee experiences or Microsoft Viva and want to learn how to assess, plan, strategize, design, and manage digital employee experiences that use Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Power Platform. A learner in this role will collaborate with multiple teams to scope, design, and implement new digital employee experiences, such as onboarding, career and skill development, rewards and recognition, employee wellbeing, and employee retention.
Learners should have a foundational understanding of Microsoft technologies, including Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint, and a deep understanding of Microsoft Viva features and capabilities. They may have experience in one or more of the following disciplines: human resources, people development, change management, information technology, or culture development.
Job role: Business Analyst, Business Owner, Business User
Students will learn to:
- Design digital employee experiences
- Introduction to the Microsoft Viva suite
- Introduction to Viva Connections
- Plan for Viva Connections
- Design skilling and growth experiences with Viva Learning
- Guided Project – Create a featured set of content in Viva Learning
- Design productivity and wellbeing experiences with Viva Insights
- Introduction to Viva Topics
- Plan roles, automation, and training for Viva Topics
- Role of an OKR Champion
- Learn OKR essentials with Viva Goals
Module 1: Design digital employee experiences
- Evaluate existing systems and identify requirements
- Identify stakeholders and users
- Recommend employee experience solutions and strategies
Module 2: Introduction to the Microsoft Viva suite
- Describe the four experience areas of Connection, Growth, Purpose, and Insights supported by Viva.
- Explain what Microsoft Viva apps are.
- Identify resources needed to set up each Viva app.
- Create an adoption plan to use Viva to solve business scenarios for the four employee experience areas of Connection, Insight, Purpose, and Growth.
Module 3: Introduction to Viva Connections
- Describe the main features of Viva Connections
- List technical requirements/prerequisites for Viva Connections implementation
- Explain the differences between desktop and mobile experiences
- Identify 2-3 business use cases for Viva Connections
Module 4: Plan for Viva Connections
- Identify key stakeholders for the deployment of Viva Connections
- Align and prioritize scenarios for Viva Connections
- Plan and design for the Dashboard, the Feed, and Resources by scenarios and audiences
- Consider how your organization will scale adoption
Module 5: Design skilling and growth experiences with Viva Learning
- Assess your organization's existing learning experiences.
- Plan and strategize for Viva Learning.
- Coordinate the implementation of Viva Learning.
- Recommend an adoption strategy for Viva Learning.
Module 6: Guided Project – Create featured set of content in Viva Learning
- Manage permissions and content sources for Viva Learning.
- Manage SharePoint as a content source.
- Build a new featured set of content in Viva Learning.
Module 7: Design productivity and wellbeing experiences with Viva Insights
- Identify core team and business stakeholders
- Assess existing employee productivity and well-being solutions
- Define goals and target scenarios
- Coordinate setup and configuration of Viva Insights
- Understand best practices for communication and adoption planning
Module 8: Introduction to Viva Topics
- Describe how AI interacts with Viva Topics
- Identify the administrator scenarios for Viva Topics
- Optimize your SharePoint environment to take advantage of Viva Topics
- Sign up for a trial of Viva Topics
- Create a Topic center & assign licenses
- Change the name of the Topic center
Module 9: Plan roles, automation, and training for Viva Topics
- Describe the different Viva Topics roles.
- Identify scenarios you can automate.
- List the skills your users need to get the most out of Viva Topics.
Module 10: Role of an OKR Champion
- Define the role of an OKR Champion
- Name and describe the four key responsibilities of an OKR Champion.
- Identify three strategies for effective communication.
- Identify the three timeframes for sending out resources and where to find these resources.
Module 11: Learn OKR essentials with Viva Goals
- Define the key components of an OKR and articulate how they fit together in the OKR framework.
- Identify the five OKR Superpowers and how to leverage them.
- Explain best practices for getting started with OKRs and Viva Goals, including key phases of change management.