Discovery Workshop for OpenStack (OSDW)
The Discovery Workshop for OpenStack combines the Essentials, Network Architecture, and Storage Architecture modules into a two-day workshop that will give you the basic tools and experience you need to make key architectural decisions about deploying OpenStack within your organization, or recommending solutions for your customers.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
This course is designed for Cloud Architects, Data Center Architects, Solution Architects, Systems Engineers, and Pre-Sales Engineers who need to evaluate and recommend OpenStack solutions for their IT organization or for their customers.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to apply these basic tools and have the experience needed to make key architectural decisions about deploying OpenStack within your organization or recommending solutions for your customers.
Day 1 – Essentials for OpenStack
Module 1: Cutting Through the Hype
- What is OpenStack?
- A Brief History
- How It’s Different than Traditional Virtualization
- Why Cloud-Based Applications Are Driving Adoption Roll Your Own or Run for Cover?
Module 2: Putting It to Work: Designing Cloud Services with OpenStack
- Private Clouds
- Public Clouds
- Hybrid Clouds
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DRaaSâ€‹
Module 3: What’s Under the Hood: OpenStack Services Overview
- Compute Services
- Hypervisor and Container Support Storage Services
- Networking Services Management Services
- Application Services
Module 4: Managing OpenStack: Dashboards to DevOps
- Identity Management
- Orchestration and Automation
- APIs, Programmability, and DevOps
Module 5: Wading In – Deployment and Operation
- Criteria for Choosing Deployment Tools
- The Foreman
- Vendor Deployment Tools DevStack
- Hands-On Lab: Provision an All-in-One OpenStack Node with DevStack
- Installing DevStack
- Join a Compute Node
- Create a Tenant
- Create a Tenant Network
- Deploy a Micro-Instance
- Create a Security Group and Rules
- Monitoring the Deployment
- Creating an Orchestration Workflow
Day 2 – Network Architecture for OpenStack and Labs
Module 1: Storage Services Overview
- Ephemeral vs Persistent Storage
- Block Storage Applications
- Object Storage Applications
Module 2: Block Storage
- Cinder Architecture
- Storage Array Abstraction
- Commodity Storage Backend Technologies
Module 3: Object Storage
- Object Storage Overview
- Swift Architecture
- High Availability Ring Architecture
Module 4: Ceph
- Ceph Architecture
- Applications for Ceph
- Hands-On Lab
- Configure OpenStack Storage Services