Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration II (DO 285)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) helps you build core knowledge in building and managing Linux© containers and Red Hat© OpenShift Container Platform. This hands-on, lab-based course shows you how to deploy sample applications to either a local container runtime or an OpenShift cluster, as well as how to configure and manage OpenShift clusters. If you’re a developer, administrator or site reliability engineer, you will benefit from learning these skills.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 and combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280).
- Learn about container and OpenShift architecture.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy and troubleshoot applications on OpenShift.
- Configure authentication using local users.
- Control access to projects using role-based access control.
- Configure service and container networking.
- Configure pod scheduling using labels and selectors.
- Limit compute resource usage.
- Scale a cluster.
- Monitor cluster events and alerts.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- System and software architects interested in understanding features and functionality of an OpenShift cluster
- System administrators who want to learn about the initial establishment of a cluster
- Cluster operators responsible for the ongoing maintenance of a cluster
- Site reliability engineers interested in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of a cluster
After completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate the skills to create and manage local containers using Podman, establish a new OpenShift cluster, perform initial configuration of the cluster, and manage the cluster on a day-to-day basis. One major focus of the course is troubleshooting common problems that will be encountered beyond day one.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280)
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: High Availability (DO380)
Red Hat Security: Securing Containers and OpenShift (DO425)
Course Outline:Describe container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Install OpenShift Container Platform
Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
Explore OpenShift networking concepts
Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications on OpenShift
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an
Execute commands using the command-line interface.
Control resource access
Control access to OpenShift resources.
Allocate persistent storage
Implement persistent storage.
Manage application deployments
Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
Install the metrics subsystem
Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
Manage OpenShift Container Platform
Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.