ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course will also begin the transition from administering OpenStack using Horizon to using the unified command-line interface. Exam competencies covered in the course include: install and configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using OSP director), manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage, automation (scale-out and scale-back), and build a customized image.
Course Content Summary
- Launch instances
- Manage core OpenStack services using the unified command-line interface
- Install an advanced proof-of-concept OpenStack deployment
- Build a customized JEOS image
- Automatically scale-out and scale-back applications
The OpenStack Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) course or equivalent experience
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
- Use of the popular Ansible toolset for installations, upgrades, and patching.
- Enhanced networking features and performance using Open Virtual Networking (OVN), an evolved networking framework based on Open vSwitch.
- Quicker application scaling with the newly designed load balancer built using efficient containers.
- Introduction of shared file system storage, including the new CephFS as a back end.
- Integration of hyperconverged technology that combines storage and compute resources on the same compute nodes for lower latency and higher performance.
- The ability to integrate the popular OpenShift application platform onto the Red Hat OpenStack infrastructure.
Course Outline:Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Architecture
- Understand Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform features and terminology.
- Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack.
- Create an instance with the Horizon web interface.
- Install and verify RabbitMQ message broker service.
- Troubleshoot RabbitMQ message broker.
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
- Install, configure, and use the Swift object storage service.
- Install and use the Glance image service.
- Install the Cinder block storage service.
- Manage Cinder volumes.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform networking service.
- Install and troubleshoot Nova compute and controller services.
- Deploy an instance from the command line.
- Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes.
- Launch an instance to verify the new compute nodes.
- Install and troubleshoot the Heat orchestration service.
- Launch a stack using preconfigured templates.
- Install and manage the ceilometer metering service.
- Learn about the future of OpenStack.
- Review the installation and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.