This course will also begin the transition from administering OpenStack using Horizon to using the unified command-line interface. Exam competencies covered in the course include: install and configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using OSP director), manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage, automation (scale-out and scale-back), and build a customized image.
Course Content Summary
- Launch instances
- Manage core OpenStack services using the unified command-line interface
- Install an advanced proof-of-concept OpenStack deployment
- Build a customized JEOS image
- Automatically scale-out and scale-back applications
The OpenStack Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
Full Course Outline
- Understand Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform features and terminology.
- Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack.
- Create an instance with the Horizon web interface.
- Install and verify RabbitMQ message broker service.
- Troubleshoot RabbitMQ message broker.
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
- Install, configure, and use the Swift object storage service.
- Install and use the Glance image service.
- Install the Cinder block storage service.
- Manage Cinder volumes.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform networking service.
- Install and troubleshoot Nova compute and controller services.
- Deploy an instance from the command line.
- Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes.
- Launch an instance to verify the new compute nodes.
- Install and troubleshoot the Heat orchestration service.
- Launch a stack using preconfigured templates.
- Install and manage the ceilometer metering service.
- Learn about the future of OpenStack.
- Review the installation and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.