ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve
This course provides IT leaders, practitioners, and support staff with the practical skills necessary to create a â€˜learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction. It provides practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility. The course is based on the ITIL 4 best practice service value system featured in the latest guidelines.
As part of this course, all candidates will receive an exam voucher for the ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve exam through Peoplecert. As of February 1, 2022, all exams will be administered in an online proctored format only. Exams can be scheduled at www.peoplecert.org.
The ITIL courses on this page are offered by Global Knowledge ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Candidates must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate.
- Individuals continuing of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team
- Understand the Key Concepts of Direct, Plan & Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication and Organizational Change Management to direction, planning, and improvement
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning, and improvement
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
- Understand the following key terms:
- Operating Model
- Scope of control
- Understand the differences between the following key concepts:
- Vision and Mission
- Strategy, Tactics, and Operations
- Governance compliance and management
- Policies, Controls, and Guidelines
- Understand the concepts of Value, Outcomes, Costs & Risks, and their relationships to direction, planning & improvement
- Identify the scope of control and within this:
- Know how to cascade goals and requirements
- Know how to define effective policies, controls, and guidelines
- Know how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
- Know how to ensure that controls are sufficient, but not excessive
- Know how to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system or any part of the SVS
- Know how to identify assessment objectives, outputs, requirements, and criteria
- Know how to select an appropriate assessment method for a particular situation
- Know how to define and prioritize desired outcomes of an improvement
- Know how to build, justify, and advocate for a business case
- Know how to conduct:
- Improvement reviews
- Analysis of lessons learned
- Know how to embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS
- Understand the nature, scope, and potential benefits of organizational change management
- Know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication & OCM
- Identify and manage different types of stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with and influence others
- Establish effective feedback channels
- Know how to establish effective interfaces across the value chain
- Know how to define indicators and metrics to support objectives
- Understand the differences between value streams and practices and how those differences impact direction, planning, and improvement
- Know how to select and use the appropriate methods and techniques to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices.
- Addressing the 4 dimensions
- Applying the guiding principles
- Value stream mapping
- Optimization of workflow
- Elimination of waste
- Ensuring & utilizing feedback