Integrating Cisco Enterprise Chat & Email with UCCE (ICCE)
In this 4-day hands-on course students will discover how to deploy Cisco Enterprise Chat and Email into an existing Enterprise Contact Center environment.
The course covers the details needed to prepare an both UCCE and ECE environments for the integration and configurations steps required to do the actual integration. Students will gain experience with the operations and administration tasks required for initial ECE deployment as well as ongoing system administration such as enabling SSO, importing objects, preparing queues and workflows, using the scripting tool, generating reports, enabling system logs for troubleshooting. Students will also see how to implement features that enhance ECE operations for Agents. This course also describes feature enhancements that will be available in ECE 12.0.
Please Note, The ICCE course content and labs have been developed and tested using ECE 11.6 software, prior to the release of ECE v12.0. During the development cycle SLI worked with Cisco ECE product managers and subject matter experts to ensure that we have content integrated in key areas throughout the course pointing out the differences between ECE v11.6 and v12.x ECE functionality.
There have been no significant changes to the underlying architecture, however there are differences in the v12 administrative interfaces. These new administrative interface differences will be reflected in the course content and labs in the next iteration of the course.
All registrants for the ICCE Course will have the ability to audit the class at their leisure when v12 of the course is available at no additional charge. In addition to the ability to attend the class again when v12 is available, every ICCE Student will receive access to SLI’s neXT Platform, which is SLI’s online membership portal and will include interim content on v12 updates.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The prerequisites for this course are that the student has knowledge and experience deploying and administering and maintaining Cisco UCCE. If the student does not have this prerequisite background we recommend, at a minimum, attending the AUCCE1 course authored and delivered by Sunset Learning.
This course is designed for partners and customers responsible for deploying and administering ECE in the UCCE environment.
- Learn operations and administration tasks required for initial ECE deployment Ongoing system administration such as enabling SSO, importing objects, preparing queues and workflows
- Use the scripting tool
- Generate reports
- Enable system logs for troubleshooting
- Implement features that enhance ECE operations for Agents
Module 1 – Deploying Cisco Enterprise Chat and Email
Lesson 1 – ECE Overview
- ECE Deployment Models and Architectural Overview
- ECE System Requirements
- Chat, Email and Data Flow
- ECE Login Points
- PCCE Considerations
Lesson 2 – Preparing CCE for ECE Integration
- Preparing CCE for ECE Integration Overview
- CCE Configuration Cleanup
Lesson 3 – ECE Installation
- ECE Installation Overview
- Install SQL for ECE as Administrator
- ECE Installation (11.5)
- ECE Upgrade (11.6)
- Check System Performance
Lesson 4 – ECE Integration with CCE
- Partition and Console Overviews
- ECE Startup
- Partition Administration
- Unified CCE Integration
Lab 1-1 Navigating ECE and CCE
Lesson 5 – ECE Integration with Email Server
- Dispatcher & Retriever Process Startup
- Configure Email for ECE – Add Alias
- SMTP Settings
Lesson 6 – Enabling SSL Functionality for ECE
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Overview
- Enabling SSL for ECE
Lesson 7 – Integrating Finesse with ECE
- Finesse Configuration Overview
- Finesse Admin Page (cfadmin)
- .xml Files Configuration
- ECE Finesse Login
Lab 1-2 Navigating ECE Email and Finesse Integration
Module 2 – Cisco ECE Operations & Administration
Lesson 1 – Partition Administration Deep-Dive
- ECE Administration Console Overview
- Partition Console – Administration
- Administration Console
Lesson 2 – Adding & Importing UCCE Objects into ECE
- Chat & Email Flow
- Adding/Importing Objects
- Verify ICM & ECE Configuration
- Using PQ’s with ECE
- Create ICM Scripts
- Scheduling ICM/CCE Routing Scripts
- Import CCE Objects into ECE
- Logging in as an ECE Agent
- Department Considerations and Configuration
Lab 2-1 Preparing CCE Basic Configuration
Lab 2-2 Working with ECE Imports
Lab 2-3 ECE Agent Login
Lesson 3 -ECE Queues and Workflows
- Services and Settings for Queues and Workflows
- Partition and Department Settings for Queues and Workflows
- Creating Articles
- Workflow Service Level Configuration
- Confirming the Workflow Editor (JRE)
Lab 2-4 Working with ECE Workflow Queues
Lab 2-5 Working with ECE Articles
Lesson 4 – Configuring Inbound Email
- Configuring Inbound Email
- Create New Inbound Workflow
- ICM Inbound Email Script
- Verify Email Operation – ICM Script
- Verify Email Operation to Agent
Lesson 5 – Configuring Outbound Email
- Configuring Onbound Email
- Create New Outbound Workflow
- Verify Outbound Email Operation
Lab 2-6 Workflow Editor and Verifying Email Operation
Lesson 6 – Configuring ECE Chat
- Configure and Verify CCE/ECE for Chat
- Testing Template Modifications
- Verify Chat Operation
- Callback, Delayed Callback
- Dynamic Messages for Integrated Chat
Lab 2-7 Configure and Verify Chat in ECE
Lesson 7 – Reporting for ECE
- Reporting Overview
- ECE Reports in CUIC
- Native ECE Reporting
- Creating & Modifying Reports
- Managing Report History
- Scheduling Reports
- Sending Notifications
- Setting Permissions on Reports
Lab 2-8 Reporting for ECE
Module 3 – Cisco ECE Features
Lesson 1 – Agent Single Sign-On (SSO) for ECE
- SSO Overview
- Configure & Verify SSO
- Other Security Considerations
Lab 3-1 Agent SSO
Lesson 2 – Troubleshooting
- Common issues and solutions
- Enabling logs
Lesson 3 – ECE 12.x New Features Overview
Lesson 4 – Solutions + Features Overview
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.