Managed Service - New Product Introduction (NPI)
2007 – Present
A large tech company has faced challenges with New Product Introduction (NPI). Resellers must quickly learn how to design, sell, deploy, maintain and service new solutions, while various account managers, engineers, and support personnel need to understand the new products’ features and functionality. Without a dependable process, it has caused slow adoption, low sales, failed deployments, and low customer satisfaction, making it a significant challenge for the company.
To help with the challenges this company and their partners faced with new product introduction, targeted training programs were developed for Sales and Post-Sales personnel.
- Sales Personnel: Sunset created interactive workshops enabling sales personnel to engage in informed sales conversations, focused on business value for the customer.
- Post-Sales Personnel: Sunset assembled a team of engineers to provide just-in-time new product training focused on presenting real-world business solutions through virtual product introduction training and hands-on demos. The goals are to speed technology adoption, increase revenue velocity, and ensure successful deployments and customer satisfaction.
Reported business outcomes:
- Accelerated revenue velocity due to increased sales and implementation knowledge, skills and confidence
- Reduced technical assistance demand (and cost) due to training effectiveness and related documentation
- Client/Partner/Customer satisfaction increase due to knowledgeable teams and successful 1st-time deployments
- Accelerated adoption of technology in the marketplace due to Field Sales and Support personnel’s expertise on the new technology
- Over 100,000 of the company employees and resellers have been trained to sell and deploy its products and solutions.
- Trained Account Managers have seen a 34% increase in pipeline, compared with only 4% pipeline increase for non-trained AMs.
- Over 95% of reseller personnel use Sunset’s solution-based documentation as a guide to deployment.
- Reseller’s rate the value of this program at 4.7+ on a 5-point scale.