neXT LIVE 365
LEARN FOR 365 DAYS!
Sunset Learning Institute believes in a 365-day learning experience that begins immediately, regardless of when you attend your ILT course. At SLI, you get a range of learning opportunities, from instructor-led hands-on training, to self-directed, customizable learning paths based on your environment, your needs, and your level of experience. We provide the tools and options, and you decide what you need, when you need it, and how you want to learn it!
Immediate access to supplemental learning assets that are INCLUDED with your purchase of the above instructor-led training course:
- 365 Days of Access to SLI’s Entire Cisco Security Video Reference Library (VRL), not just the 5-day class you sign up for (hundreds of searchable, on-demand learning bytes in 5-15-minute videos)
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Delta Sessions - What’s Not Covered in Class! (Version Upgrades, Industry Updates, Etc.)
- 365 Days of Unlimited 24x7 Access to SLI's Community - Collaborate with SLI Instructors and Other Members (Monitored Daily by SLI Instructors) See Community Demo
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Interactive neXTpertise Sessions and other IT Resources with SLI Instructors (featured hot topics, exam prep, etc.) See Upcoming neXTpertise Sessions
- Unlimited Access to Hosted Webinars and All Previously Recorded Sessions
- Unlimited Access to your Digital Courseware
- Training that fits your needs (from high intensity to small learning bytes)
- Build immediate competency - start at time of purchase!
- Gain know-how and skills gaps with limited work disruptions
- Get quick answers to daily challenges - live interaction!
The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) v1.0 course will provide you with an understanding of network infrastructure devices, operations and vulnerabilities of the TCP/IP protocol suite, basic information security concepts, common network application operations and attacks, the Windows and Linux operating systems, and the types of data that are used to investigate security incidents.
After completing this course, you will have basic knowledge that is required to perform the job role of an entry-level cybersecurity analyst in a threat-centric security operations center.
- Security Operations Center - Security Analyst
- Computer/Network Defense Analysts
- Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support Personnel
- Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel.
- Students beginning a career, entering the cybersecurity field.
- Cisco Channel Partners
It is highly recommended to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Cisco certification (Cisco CCENT certification or higher)
- Relevant industry certification [(ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, GIAC, ISACA]
- Cisco Networking Academy letter of completion (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2)
- Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+)
- Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux Foundation (LFCS, LFCE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)
After completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Describe, compare and identify various network concepts
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Describe and compare fundamental security concepts
- Describe network applications and the security challenges
- Understand basic cryptography principles.
- Understand endpoint attacks, including interpreting log data to identify events in Windows and Linux
- Develop knowledge in security monitoring, including identifying sources and types of data and events
- Know various attack methods, security weaknesses, evasion methods, and remote versus local exploits
Module 1: TCP/IP and Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson 1: Understanding the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Lesson 2: Understanding the Network Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common TCP/IP Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Network Applications and Endpoint Security
- Lesson 1: Describing Information Security Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Network Applications
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common Network Application Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Windows Operating System Basics
- Lesson 5: Understanding Linux Operating System Basics
- Lesson 6: Understanding Common Endpoint Attacks
- Lesson 7: Understanding Network Security Technologies
- Lesson 8: Understanding Endpoint Security Technologies
Module 3: Security Monitoring and Analysis
- Lesson 1: Describing Security Data Collection
- Lesson 2: Describing Security Event Analysis
- Guided Lab 1: Explore the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Guided Lab 2: Explore the Network Infrastructure
- Guided Lab 3: Explore TCP/IP Attacks
- Guided Lab 4: Explore Cryptographic Technologies
- Guided Lab 5: Explore Network Applications
- Guided Lab 6: Explore Network Application Attacks
- Guided Lab 7: Explore the Windows Operating System
- Guided Lab 8: Explore the Linux Operating System
- Guided Lab 9: Explore Endpoint Attacks
- Guided Lab 10: Explore Network Security Technologies
- Guided Lab 11: Explore Endpoint Security
- Guided Lab 12: Explore Security Data for Analysis