Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO 280)
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) teaches you how to install and administer the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform . This hands-on, lab-based course shows you how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters and deploy sample applications to further understand how developers will use the platform.
This course is based on Red Hat© Enterprise Linux© 8.0 and Openshift Container Platform 4.5.
OpenShift is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Complete Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180), or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics
This course is designed for system administrators, system architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- System and Software Architects interested in understanding features and functionality of an OpenShift cluster.
- System Administrators interested in the initial establishment of a cluster.
- Cluster Operators interested in the ongoing maintenance of a cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers interested in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of a cluster.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to install, configure, and manage the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
After completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate the skills to establish a new OpenShift cluster, perform initial configuration of the cluster, and manage the cluster on a day-to-day basis. One major focus of the course is troubleshooting common problems that will be encountered beyond day one.
- Describe the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Learn the components of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and how they interact.
- Verify a Cluster
- Verify a cluster is installed and healthy.
- Configure Authentication
- Configure authentication with an identity provider.
- Control Access to OpenShift Resources
- Define and apply role-based access controls and protect sensitive information with secrets.
- Configure OpenShift Networking Components
- Identify the components of OpenShift software-defined networking and configure some of the components.
- Control Pod Scheduling
- Control which nodes a pod runs on.
- Scale an OpenShift Cluster
- Control the size of an OpenShift cluster.
- Perform Cluster Updates
- Describe how to perform a cluster update.
- Manage the Cluster with the Web Console
- Manage the OpenShift cluster using the web console.
- Comprehensive Review
- Verify, manage, and troubleshoot an OpenShift cluster for enterprise use.