OpenShift Enterprise is a key technology in Red Hat's DevOps story. Using PaaS has proven to accelerate time to market for many organizations. This course provides the knowledge to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment.
In this course, students will learn how to install and configure an instance of OpenShift Enterprise, test the instance by deploying a real world application, and manage projects/applications through hands-on labs.
This course is designed for system administrators responsible for creating OpenShift Enterprise instances, deploying applications, creating process customizations, and managing instances and projects.
- Have taken Managing Containers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host (RH270) for a deeper understanding of the architecture used by OpenShift, or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration I and II (RH124 and RH134), or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux©_ system administration experience
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Container concepts
- Configuring resources with the command line interface
- Building a pod
- Enabling services for a pod
- Creating routes
- Downloading and configuring images
- Rolling back and activating deployments
- Creating custom S2I images
- Comprehensive review
Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise
- Review features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
- Install OpenShift Enterprise and configure a master and node.
- Execute commands using the command line interface.
- Create, build, and deploy applications to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
- Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
- Create and build applications with S2I and templates.
- Use OpenShift Enterprise components to manage deployed applications.
- Customize resources and processes used by OpenShift Enterprise.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in the course.