ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Red Hat© OpenShift Container Platform provides developers an enterprise-ready solution for developing and deploying containerized software applications. Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.6.
In this course, you will learn how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster. Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications from container images, Dockerfiles, and source code to an OpenShift cluster.
- Manage applications using the OpenShift web console and the OpenShift CLI.
- Inject configuration data and secrets into an application.
- Publish application container images to an external registry.
- Manage application builds and build hooks.
- Create application from templates.
- Manage application deployments.
- Monitor application health using probes.
- Migrate applications to containers and microservices.
- Have completed the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
- Software developers interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
- Software architects interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to containerize applications for deployment on the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster and manage them with the command line client and the web console.
- Design and build containers for applications for successful deployment to an OpenShift cluster.
- Publish container images to an enterprise registry.
- Build containerized applications using the Source-to-Image facility.
- Create applications using OpenShift templates.
- Extract a service from a monolithic application and deploy it to the cluster as a microservice.
- Migrate applications to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Course Outine:Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Deploy an application to an OpenShift Cluster.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Build container images with advanced Dockerfile directives.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and allow access to the OpenShift registry.
Describe the OpenShift build process and implement post-commit build hooks.
Customize Source-to-Image builds
Customize an existing S2I base image.
Create applications from OpenShift templates
Describe the elements of an OpenShift template and create a multi-container template.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and select the appropriate deployment strategy.
Migrate applications to OpenShift
Integrate external services and migrate applications deployed on Red Hat JBoss Middleware.