ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
In this course, you will learn about the process of planning and designing both relational and nonrelational databases. You will learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our nonrelational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
We recommend that attendees of this course have previously completed the following AWS courses:
- AWS Database Offerings digital training
- Data Analytics Fundamentals digital training
- Architecting on AWS classroom training
- Data platform engineers
- Database administrators
- Solutions architects
- IT professionals
- Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
- Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
- Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
- Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
- Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service
- Module 0: Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
- Module 1: Database Concepts and General Guidelines
- Module 2: Database Planning and Design
- Module 3: Databases on Amazon EC2
- Module 4: Purpose-Built Databases
- Module 5: Databases on Amazon RDS
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora (continued)
- Module 7: Databases in Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
- Module 8: Amazon DynamoDB Tables
- Module 9: Databases in Amazon Neptune
- Module 10: Databases in Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB)
- Module 11: Databases in Amazon ElastiCache
- Module 12: Data Warehousing in Amazon Redshift
- Module 13: Course Review