Migrating to AWS (AWS-MIGRATE)
Migrating to AWS focuses on planning and migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. The course covers various cloud migration strategies with a detailed discussion on each phase of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning, and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization. The first part of the course provides students with an overview of migration planning principles and best practices, and the second half of the class focuses on migration design and implementation with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts.
This course is designed for solutions architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have an understanding of core AWS services and design patterns covered in Architecting on AWS and is also available to IT project managers involved in the planning of those migrations who have completed AWS Technical Essentials.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
- For IT project managers – courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- For IT professionals – courses taken: Architecting on AWS
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Solutions Architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- IT Project Managers who are involved in projects related to migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Individuals who are part of an organization’s cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)
This course teaches you how to:
- Explain the various cloud migration strategies.
- Assess cloud migration readiness.
- Discover your portfolio and plan for migration.
- Plan and design your application migration strategy.
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud.
- Optimize your applications and operations after migrating to the cloud.
- Migrating to AWS – An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis, and Planning
- Migration Planning and Design
- Migration, Integration, and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud