Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900T01) 1-Day
This one-day course will provide foundational level knowledge on Azure concepts; core Azure services; core solutions and management tools; general security and network security; governance, privacy, and compliance features; Azure cost management and service level agreements.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, the more technical knowledge a student has, the more they will understand about the cloud.
Target Audience:It is targeted toward anyone who wants to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
- Discuss the basics of cloud computing and Azure, and how to get started with Azure's subscriptions and accounts.
- Describe the advantages of using cloud computing services, learning to differentiate between the categories and types of cloud computing, and how to examine the various concepts, resources, and terminology that are necessary to work with Azure architecture.
- Outline the core services available with Microsoft Azure.
- Discuss the core solutions that encompass a wide array of tools and services from Microsoft Azure.
- Describe the general security and network security features, and how you can use the various Azure services to help ensure that your cloud resources are safe, secure, and trusted.
- Discuss the identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features, and how Azure can help you secure access to cloud resources, what it means to build a cloud governance strategy, and how Azure adheres to common regulatory and compliance standards.
- Discuss the factors that influence cost, tools you can use to help estimate and manage your cloud spend, and how Azure's service-level agreements (SLAs) can impact your application design decisions.
Module 1: Describe core Azure concepts
In this module, you'll take an entry-level end-to-end look at Azure and its capabilities, which will provide you with a solid foundation for completing the available modules for Azure Fundamentals.
- Introduction to Azure fundamentals
- Discuss Azure fundamental concepts
- Describe core Azure architectural components
Module 2: Describe core Azure services
In this module, you learn about core Azure services like Azure database, Azure compute, Azure Storage, and Azure Networking.
- Explore Azure database and analytics services
- Explore Azure compute services
- Explore Azure Storage services
- Explore Azure networking services
Module 3: Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure
In this module, you'll learn about AI machine learning, Azure DevOps, monitoring fundamentals, management fundamentals, serverless computing fundamentals. and IoT fundamentals.
- Choose the best AI service for your needs
- Choose the best tools to help organizations build better solutions
- Choose the best monitoring service for visibility, insight, and outage mitigation
- Choose the best tools for managing and configuring your Azure environment
- Choose the best Azure serverless technology for your business scenario
- Choose the best Azure IoT service for your application
Module 4: Describe general security and network security features
In this module, you will learn how to protect yourself against security threats and secure your networks with Azure.
- Protect against security threats on Azure
- Secure network connectivity on Azure
Module 5: Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
In this module, you will learn about Azure identity services, how to build a cloud governance strategy and privacy, compliance, and data protection standards on Azure.
- Secure access to your applications by using Azure identity services
- Build a cloud governance strategy on Azure
- Examine privacy, compliance, and data protection standards on Azure
Module 6: Describe Azure cost management and service level agreements
In this module, you will learn how to plan and manage Azure costs, and how to choose the right Azure services through SLAs and service lifecycle.
- Plan and manage your Azure costs
- Choose the right Azure services by examining SLAs and service lifecycle