MEF-SDCP SD-WAN Certified Professional
The SD-WAN market is one of the hottest in the communications industry, with tens of billions of dollars in revenue at stake throughout the next 5 years. IDC estimates that the global SD-WAN infrastructure market (excluding managed services) will reach $US 5.3 billion by 2023 due to strong enterprise demand and the embrace of SD-WAN by leading service providers seeking to provide enterprises with dynamic management of hybrid WAN connections with guaranteed QoS on a per-application basis.
Comprehensive SD-WAN training by MEF-Accredited Training Providers on MEF 3.0 and MEF-SDCP is an excellent career enabler for SD-WAN service providers, integrators, network consultants, technology solution providers, and more.
The benefits for companies having an SD-WAN certified professionals employee pool are equally substantial:
- CSPs: Acquiring the depth of knowledge on the MEF SD-WAN standardization across the organization needed to develop, sell and deliver dynamic, orchestrated services enabling new customer acquisition opportunities.
- Enterprises: Becoming a technically informed buyer of services, leveraging available service features, to driving network efficiencies and lower costs.
- Technology Suppliers, Consultants, and Integrators: Positioning your company to win SD-WAN business opportunities with certified skills and improving your marketing message.
- All: The ability to recruit and retain the best and the brightest by offering the valuable, globally recognized MEF training and certifications.
Why Train With Sunset Learning Institute?
- Cutting edge classroom tools for a collaborative learning experience regardless of location
- Exam pass guarantee – Exam voucher is included with class!
- Pre & post-class resources provided to keep you on track and prepared for the exam
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
General recommendations are to have 2 years networking experience, a basic understanding of L2 switching, L3 routing and commonly implemented protocols (BGP, UDP, etc.), potentially have a role in the deployment, design, maintenance, and troubleshooting networks in a traditional WAN environment including, but not limited to: MPLS, Ethernet, mobile technologies, etc.
The preferred network professionals for MEF-SDCP include:
- Sales Engineers
- Network Engineer who can demonstrate their ability to manage SD-WAN systems/ Operation Engineers
- System Engineers (e.g., Application Engineers etc.)
- Network Engineer Managers
- Network Consulting Engineers
- Product Developers
- Enterprise Solution Designers
- Network Architects
- Product Support and IT Directors
At the completion of this course, you will be prepared to pass the MEF SDCP Exam and you will possess new SDWAN knowledge that will enable you to excel in your organization. We will provide the right mix of Exam Review and an understanding of SDWAN technology topics needed for your applications.
When our class is over you will be certified with the knowledge to effectively navigate SDWAN Challenges. We have taken a ’Lifecycle’ approach to your learning. Our approach embraces the MEF Resources since it is what you will work with on a day-to-day basis. The course will involve activities that include the ’Self-study’ MEF-SDCP SDWAN Certified Professional Exam Resources.
With a Certified Professional instructor to guide you, and unmatched Exam prep tools, and a weekly virtual Homeroom. We want you to succeed!
Our Topics are based directly on the MEF SDWAN Exam Blueprint and then expanded so you understand the ’What’, ’Why’ and ’How to Apply’ SD-WAN Solutions.
Components and Features (Exam Topic) of SD-WAN
- Define the fundamentals and characteristics of an SD-WAN solution according to the MEF 70 standard
- Demonstrate knowledge of the MEF 70 components and the functions of SD-WAN service components and Service Attributes
Assessing, Planning and Designing(Exam Topic)
- Given a scenario, size and scale an SD-WAN solution
- Given a set of business requirements, assess application criticality and demand
- Given a scenario, recommend and justify an SD-WAN strategy based on customer strategy
- Given a scenario, determine integration requirements for a new SD-WAN network into an existing infrastructure
- Compare and contrast infrastructure and operational benefits of SD-WAN with legacy solutions
Implementation (Exam Topic)
- Based on business requirements, define Application Flows based upon MEF 70 standard Application Flow criteria
- Based on business requirements, define and map Policies based upon MEF 70 standard Policy criteria
- Select appropriate Underlay Connectivity Services for an SD-WAN network based on the types and characteristics of available options
- Given a scenario, recommend a migration strategy from existing infrastructure to new SD-WAN service
- Determine IP subnet and address requirements at an SD-WAN subscriber sit
- Determine security requirements for an SD-WAN service
Lifecycle Orchestration (Exam Topic)
- Identify common service impacting issues, diagnostic toolsets, and diagnostic action
- Based on application requirements, determine the metrics for assessing service performance
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot performance issues with an SD-WAN service