ITIL 4 Foundation
ITIL 4 Training will equip students with:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
An exam voucher is included with this course!
ITIL© is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
ITIL 4 Foundation is suitable for individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization. The certification also applies to IT professionals who work within an organization that has adopted ITIL and so need to be aware of and contribute to the overall service improvement programme.
ITIL 4 continues to support the ITSM community while expanding to a wider range of professionals working in the digital world, guiding how IT interfaces with, and leads the wider business strategy.
ITIL 4 is the next evolution of ITIL, providing a practical and flexible transition that allows organizations to adopt the new ways of working required by the modern digital world. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy. You'll gain a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System. This provides a holistic framework which creates value in our increasingly complex, and high-velocity environment.
- Understand the key concepts of service management.
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system.
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices, and details of 7 ITIL practices.
- Prepare for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam.
1. Course Introduction
- Overview, objectives, agenda, introductions
- About the exam
- Introduction to ITIL 4
2. Service Management
- Value and co-creation
- Stakeholders in service management
- Products and services
- Service relationships
- Value: outcomes, costs and risks
3. Guiding Principles
- Guiding principles descriptions
4. Service Management Dimensions Overview
- Descriptions of the four dimensions
5. Service Value System
- Service value components
- Organizational considerations
6. Service Value Chain
- Value chain activities
7. ITIL Practices
- General management practices
- Service management practices
- Technical management practices
8. Closing and Exam Preparation
- Test preparation session with your instructor.