ITIL 4 Foundation
The new ITIL 4 Foundation course will introduce students to the key components of the ITIL 4 framework. They are the Service Value System and the Four Dimensions model. While v3 focused on the 26 processes and functions included in the service lifecycle, ITIL 4 provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of Foundation is to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course is for anyone working in IT seeking knowledge in IT Service Management and how to provide business value. Additionally, anyone who is looking to upgrade their ITIL v3 certification and knowledge.
ITIL 4 is the next evolution of ITIL, providing a practical and flexible transition that allows organizations to adopt the new ways of working required by the modern digital world. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy. You'll gain a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System. This provides a holistic framework which creates value in our increasingly complex, and high-velocity environment.
- Understand the key concepts of service management.
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system.
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices, and details of 7 ITIL practices.
- Prepare for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam.
1. Course Introduction
- Overview, objectives, agenda, introductions
- About the exam
- Introduction to ITIL 4
2. Service Management
- Value and co-creation
- Stakeholders in service management
- Products and services
- Service relationships
- Value: outcomes, costs and risks
3. Guiding Principles
- Guiding principles descriptions
4. Service Management Dimensions Overview
- Descriptions of the four dimensions
5. Service Value System
- Service value components
- Organizational considerations
6. Service Value Chain
- Value chain activities
7. ITIL Practices
- General management practices
- Service management practices
- Technical management practices
8. Closing and Exam Preparation
Test preparation session with your instructor. As a remote student you will be receiving an exam voucher to independently schedule your computer-based exam with PEOPLCERT. You will need a webcam and the ability to install software on your computer to successfully take the exam. Your exam voucher will be delivered to you via email towards the end of class.