ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The new ITIL 4 Foundation course will introduce students to the key components of the ITIL 4 framework. They are the Service Value System and the Four Dimensions model. While v3 focused on the 26 processes and functions included in the service lifecycle, ITIL 4 provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of Foundation is to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, Any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
The ITIL©_ 4 Foundations course will:
- Provide an understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working;
- Explain the concepts of the service management framework to support candidates studying for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam
- Act as a reference guide that practitioners can use in their work, further study, and professional development.
Key Concepts and Terms
Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Organizations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
ITIL Service Value System
ITIL Guiding Principles
- Focus on Value
- Start Where You Are
- Progress Iteratively with Feedback
- Collaborate and Promote Visibility
- Think and Work
- Keep it Simple and Practical
- Optimize and Automate
Service Value Chain
- General Management Practices
- Continual Improvement
- Information Security Management
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Management Practices
- Change Control
- Incident Management
- IT Asset Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Problem Management
- Release Management
- Service Configuration Management
- Service Desk
- Service Level Management
- Service Request Management
- Technical Management Practices
- Deployment Management
Appendix A: Practices not covered in the Foundation Course
Appendix B: Service Value Chain Example: Handling an incident
Appendix C: Heatmap Examples
Appendix D: ITIL Certification Structure
Appendix E: Glossary of Terms