Docker Containerization Essentials (CN100)
In this course, you’ll learn how to create and manage individual containers using the Docker Engine. We’ll cover best practices in container image design and container deployment and auditing, as well as an introduction to single-node container networking and storage. This course is best practices focused and is designed to enable rapid successful adoption of containerization from first principles.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Familiarity with the bash shell:
- File system navigation and manipulation
- Command line text editors like vim or nano
- Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Motivations: Begin creating high-performance containers for new or existing applications
- Roles: General technical audiences & IT professionals
- Containerization motivations and implementation
- Creating, managing, and auditing containers
- Best practices in container image design
- Single-host container networking
- Provisioning external storage
- Introducing Docker
- Containerization Fundamentals
- Creating Images
- Docker Volumes
- Docker networking basics
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io.