DO 180 – Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO 180)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services; deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift; test the containerized version; and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) , or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Understand container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Course Outine:Course introduction
Introduce and review the course.
Get started with container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
Recommended next exam or course:
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288)Design, build, and deploy containerized applications on an OpenShift cluster.
OpenShift Enterprise Administration (DO280)Learn to install, configure, and manage containers.