Red Hat OpenShift Administration I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO 180)
Introduction to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and OpenShift 4 cluster
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) introduces students to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat© Enterprise Linux© 8.2 and OpenShift© Container Platform 4.6.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting. A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
- Developers who want to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are looking to use container technologies in software architectures.
- Site Reliability Engineers who want to support their technology infrastructure using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
As a result of attending this course, students should gain the skills needed to perform basic tasks in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP). This includes the ability to:
- Create containerized services using Podman.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Introducing container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Creating containerized services
Provision a service using container technology.
Modify pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Managing container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Creating custom container images
Design and code a Container file to build a custom container image.
Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploying multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshooting containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of introduction to container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on an OpenShift cluster.