As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services; deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift; test the containerized version; and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) , or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Understand container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Introduce and review the course.
Get started with container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
Recommended next exam or course:
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288)Design, build, and deploy containerized applications on an OpenShift cluster.
OpenShift Enterprise Administration (DO280)Learn to install, configure, and manage containers.