Data Model Design using Power BI Desktop – Level 2
What makes Power BI for such a vast improvement over simple Excel worksheets is the Power Query engine in both Power BI and Excel. Power Query allows data to be pulled and transformed from multiple data sources.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Data Analysis using Power BI Desktop – Level 1 – Report Builder
This course is designed for Report Builders who are ready to create custom data models for themselves and for other Power BI Report Users.
- Understand BI Data
- Create Data Models
- Customize Data Models
- Understand Power BI Functions – DAX Measures
- Use Dates Correctly
Lesson 1: Understanding BI Data
- Business Intelligence Data
- Data Source Types
- Power BI Data Sources
Lesson 2: Creating Data Models
- Power BI Query Import Options
- Planning a Data Model – Flat File
- Planning Power BI Data Queries
- Planning a Data Model – Database
- Planning a Data Model – Hybrid
Lesson 3: Customizing Data Models
- Query Editor Transformations
- Applied Steps
- Merging & Appending Queries
- Understanding the Data Modeling Tool
Lesson 4: Power BI Functions – DAX Measures
- DAX Measures
- Creating Measures
- Best Practices
Lesson 5: Using Dates Correctly
- Building Data Tables
- Building Hierarchies