This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) Certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related professional role.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Prerequisites:CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge / experience.
Target Audience:This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows©-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS© X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
- Prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination
- Build on your knowledge and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security
- Implement basic security services on any type of computer network
Course Outline:Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: The Information Security Cycle
- Topic B: Information Security Controls
- Topic C: Authentication Methods
- Topic D: Cryptography Fundamentals
- Topic E: Security Policy Fundamentals
- Topic A: Social Engineering
- Topic B: Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Network-Based Threats
- Topic D: Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic E: Software-Based Threats
- Topic A: Network Devices and Technologies
- Topic B: Network Design Elements and Components
- Topic C: Implement Networking Protocols
- Topic D: Apply Network Security Administration Principles
- Topic E: Secure Wireless Traffic
- Topic A: Establish Device/Host Security
- Topic B: Application Security
- Topic C: Data Security
- Topic D: Mobile Security
- Topic A: Access Control and Authentication Services
- Topic B: Implement Account Management Security Controls
- Topic A: Install a CA Hierarchy
- Topic B: Enroll Certificates
- Topic C: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Topic D: Renew Certificates
- Topic E: Revoke Certificates
- Topic F: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic A: Physical Security
- Topic B: Legal Compliance
- Topic C: Security Awareness and Training
- Topic A: Risk Analysis
- Topic B: Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
- Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic D: Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
- Topic A: Respond to Security Incidents
- Topic B: Recover from a Security Incident
- Topic A: Business Continuity
- Topic B: Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Topic C: Execute DRPs and Procedures