CompTIA Network+ is a vendor-neutral networking certification that is trusted around the world. It validates the essential knowledge and skills needed to confidently design, configure, manage and troubleshoot any wired and wireless networks. CompTIA Network+ certified individuals are in-demand worldwide. With a CompTIA Network+ certification, you will possess the key skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage these systems and keep your company productive.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 12% job growth is expected in network and computer systems over the next seven years. Additionally, CompTIA Network+ professionals are known to excel in their job: 53% of IT and business executives agree that certified staff performs at a higher level than non-certified staff; this is according to the CompTIA International Technology Adoption and Workforce Trends report.
This course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job in any type of networking career.
The included integrated learning platform includes:
- 21 Performance-Based Questions
- 32 Labs (assisted and applied)
- 305 Practice Questions
- 87 question, 90 min Assessment
- Flashcards/Game Center
This course includes an exam voucher!
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Prerequisites:CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge and some practical industry experience in networking are strongly recommended.
If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA A+ certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of network theory.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Identify network data delivery methods.
- List and describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in disaster recovery.
- Identify major data storage technologies and implementations.
- Identify the primary network operating systems.
- Explore tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe how to troubleshoot network issues.
Lesson 1: Network Theory
- Networking Terminology
- Network Building Blocks
- Standard Network Models
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Network Categories
Lesson 2: Network Communications Methods
- Transmission Methods
- Media Access Methods
- Signaling Methods
Lesson 3: Network Data Delivery
- Data Addressing and Delivery
- Delivery Techniques
Lesson 4: Network Media and Hardware
- Bounded Network Media
- Unbounded Network Media
- Noise Control
- Network Connectivity Devices
- Wiring Distribution Components
Lesson 5: Network Implementations
- The OSI Model
- Ethernet Networks
- Token Ring Networks
- Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) Networks
- Wireless Technologies and Standards
Lesson 6: Networking with TCP/IP
- Families of Protocols
- The TCP/IP Protocol
- IP Address Basics
- Custom IP Addresses
- The IP Version 6 Protocol
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
- IP Address Assignment Methods
- Host Name Resolution
- TCP/IP Utilities
- TCP/IP Upper-Layer Services
- TCP/IP Interoperability Services
Lesson 8: Local Area Network Infrastructure
- Bridges and Switches
- IP Routing
- Static IP Routing
- Dynamic IP Routing
- Control Data Movement with Filters and VLANs
Lesson 9: WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Switching Technologies
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- Voice Over Data Systems
Lesson 10: Network Security
- Computer Security Basics
- Data Encryption
- Protect Network Traffic with IP Security (IPsec)
- Internet Security
- Local Security
- Common Threats
- Threat Mitigation Techniques
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Educate Users
Lesson 11: Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- Remote Control Computing
Lesson 12: Disaster Recovery
- Examine Configuration Management Documentation
- Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Fault Tolerance Methods
- Data Backup
Lesson 13: Network Data Storage
- Enterprise Data Storage
- Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Implementations
Lesson 14: Network Operating Systems
- UNIX and Linux Operating Systems
- Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Novell Open Enterprise Server
Lesson 15: Network Management
- Monitoring Tools
- Network Baselining
- Network Optimization
Lesson 16: Network Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Models
- TCP/IP Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues