CMMC Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) 2.0
The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), managed by The Cyber AB (formerly known as the CMMC Accreditation Body or the CMMC-AB), is a program through which an organization's cybersecurity program maturity is measured by its initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices, as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. Once rule-making has concluded and CMMC 2.0 has been implemented, all organizations providing products or services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD) must comply with the requirements of their applicable CMMC Level.
This course prepares students for the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) certification, which authorizes the holder to use The Cyber AB Certified CMMC Professional logo, to participate as an Assessment Team Member under the supervision of a Lead Assessor, and to be listed in the CMMC Marketplace. The CCP certification is also a prerequisite for the Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) certification.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
To ensure your success in this course, you should have some foundational education or experience in cybersecurity. The Cyber AB has established prerequisites for those who wish to apply for CCP certification, such as:
College degree in a cyber or information technology field with 2+ years of experience; or
2+ years of equivalent experience (including military) in cyber, information technology, or assessment field.
This course is a prerequisite for the Certified CMMC Professional program, and it prepares students for the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) certification exam. Students might consider taking this course to learn how to perform CMMC certification readiness checks within their own organization, or as a consultant to other Organizations Seeking Certification (OSC). The CCP certification is also a required step toward becoming a Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA), so students might take this course to begin down the path toward CCA certification.
In this course, you will learn about the CMMC Model, framework, context, and application within the DoD, as well as the expectations and requirements imposed upon organizations that do business with the DoD. It will also help students to identify threats to cybersecurity and privacy within an IoT ecosystem and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Identify the threats to the Defense Supply Chain and the established regulations and standards for managing the risk.
- Identify the sensitive information that needs to be protected within the Defense Supply Chain and how to manage it.
- Describe how the CMMC Model ensures compliance with federal acquisition regulations.
- Identify responsibilities of the Certified CMMC Professional, including appropriate ethical behavior.
- Establish the Certification and Assessment scope boundaries for evaluating the systems that protect regulated information.
- Prepare the OSC for an Assessment by evaluating readiness.
- Use the CMMC Assessment Guides to determine and assess the Evidence for practices.
- Implement and evaluate practices required to meet CMMC Level 1.
- Identify the practices required to meet CMMC Level 2.
- As a CCP, work through the CMMC Assessment process.
Lesson 1: Managing Risk within the Defense Supply Chain
- Topic A: Identify Threats to the Defense Supply Chain
- Topic B: Identify Regulatory Responses against Threats
Lesson 2: Handling Sensitive Information
- Topic A: Identify Sensitive Information
- Topic B: Manage the Sensitive Information
Lesson 3: Ensuring Compliance through CMMC
- Topic A: Describe the CMMC Model Architecture
- Topic B: Define the CMMC Program and Its Ecosystem
- Topic C: Define Self-Assessments
Lesson 4: Performing CCP Responsibilities
- Topic A: Identify Responsibilities of the CCP
- Topic B: Demonstrate Appropriate Ethics and Behavior
Lesson 5: Scoping Certification and Assessment Boundaries
- Topic A: Use the CMMC Assessment Scope Documentation
- Topic B: Get Oriented to the OSC Environment
- Topic C: Determine How Sensitive Information Moves
- Topic D: Identify Systems in Scope
- Topic E: Limit Scope
Lesson 6: Preparing the OSC
- Topic A: Foster a Mature Cybersecurity Culture
- Topic B: Evaluate Readiness
Lesson 7: Determining and Assessing Evidence
- Topic A: Determine Evidence
- Topic B: Assess the Practices Using the CMMC Assessment Guides
Lesson 8: Implementing and Evaluating Level 1
- Topic A: Identify CMMC Level 1 Domains and Practices
- Topic B: Perform a CMMC Level 1 Gap Analysis
- Topic C: Assess CMMC Level 1 Practices
Lesson 9: Identifying Level 2 Practices
- Topic A: Identify CMMC Level 2 Practices
Lesson 10: Working through an Assessment
- Topic A: Identify Assessment Roles and Responsibilities
- Topic B: Plan and Prepare the Assessment
- Topic C: Conduct the Assessment
- Topic D: Report the Assessment Results
- Topic E: Conduct the CMMC POA&M Close-Out Assessment
Appendix A: Evidence Collection Approach for CMMC Level 1 Practices
Appendix B: Additional Documentation for CCPs
Appendix C: Mapping Course Content to the CCP Exam